1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Great Shoot at RLSC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Clay Addict, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

I shot at Rend Lake today and it was one of the most enjoyable shoots I have attended in a very long time. Great birds, great back ground, polite and hard working scorers, and done by early afternoon. I never saw a target come out broken! Watching a Sub Jr. who had never shot from anywhere but the 16, take on seasoned shooters for the "Duel" on a 27 yd fast wobble was a treat! The cost of the Duel was $100 bucks and a couple dozen targets---the young winner's smile with the $100 was priceless. Larry and John have made this a must shoot venue! Only 2 years ago this club was ready to be shut down and buried, and today is a model of what a trap range should be. Keep it up guys! Please thank Diana for the Italian Beef, it was great too!

I did not hear, who won the Evansville/Rend Lake Challange? I suspect with a team with guys like Don Herdes (the 2102 Grand Handicap Champion) and the HOA Frank Payne, Rend Lake must have faired well.

Thanks again everyone!
    CA

2. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

I shot at Rend Lake today and it was one of the most enjoyable shoots I have attended in a very long time. Great birds, great back ground, polite and hard working scorers, and done by early afternoon. I never saw a target come out broken! Watching a Sub Jr. who had never shot from anywhere but the 16, take on seasoned shooters for the "Duel" on a 27 yd fast wobble was a treat! The cost of the Duel was $100 bucks and a couple dozen targets---the young winner's smile with the $100 was priceless. Larry and John have made this a must shoot venue! Only 2 years ago this club was ready to be shut down and buried, and today is a model of what a trap range should be. Keep it up guys! Please thank Diana for the Italian Beef, it was great too!

I did not hear, who won the Evansville/Rend Lake Challange? I suspect with a team with guys like Don Herdes (the 2102 Grand Handicap Champion) and the HOA Frank Payne, Rend Lake must have faired well.

Thanks again everyone!
    CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.