1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A great PA State Shoot Story

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Fairfield PA
    Our squad was shooting on Bank 8, Mitch, Bill Tarby & me. Bill told us before we started that it was a special day: His birthday and the occasion of his 100,000th singles target, which he SMOKED! The best part was when we walked off the line, there was Chuck Fritzges, tournament director, Glen Kelly, Billy's division delegate and Frank Pascoe, PA ATA delegate, all waiting to congratulate Bill, shake his hand and take a photo. I couldn't have been more proud of PSSA and the class that small act of kindness and respect which was shown to a member. There's more: Mitch told us that when he shot his 500,000th target in Florida a couple of years ago, Frank Pascoe, knowing it was coming up, had ordered the half million target pin, ahead, and was waiting at the line to present the pin and certificate to him.

That's class.....best....mike
  2. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I met Frank nearly two years ago on one of my first couple of times shooting in my entire life. On that day I was also shooting with my parents, and a friend, who were all equally new to the sport. As nervous new shooters, and not even knowing who Frank was, or his abilities, he was a total class act. I Later found out who he was, I thought he was a perfect representation of how shooters should treat new shooters. I exchanged email addresses with him that day, and the next day I recieved a 2 paragraph email from Frank saying how much he enjoyed shooting with us, and to contact him directly if we needed anything. Since then all of us have been shooting registered, and shooting 6,000-8,000 targets each.

Jim Miller - I believe Bill shot his 100,000 and Mitch shot his 500,000, or at least that is how I read it.