1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Graphic Reminder of Your Kid's Debt.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by JBrooks, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

A Graphic Reminder of Your Kid

Here is a graphic presentation done by the Congressional Budget Office, of what the Stimulus Bill is going to do to the National Debt.

If you pay taxes and hope your kids and grandkids grow up to be taxpayers, why did you vote for a Democrat?

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

BTW, this one bill spends more money than 157 countries generate in their entire economies:

"The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 equals 5.7% of America’s Gross Domestic Product (GPD), whereas President Roosevelt’s New Deal, at its height of fiscally irresponsible, equaled approximately 2%. The gross spending called for by bill – mandated by Congressional Democrats and President Obama – is equal to or larger than the GDP of 157 nations – all but 14 countries listed in the International Monetary Fund’s database for 2007. Among those countries dwarfed by the unprecedented spending are United Arab Emirates, Dominican Republic, Iran, Taiwan, and Israel."

3. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

We have to thank Bush/Cheney & the rest of the Republicans in office for last 8 years, for the wonderful US economy they bequeath to us & the next couple of generations.

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I think I'll start offering a 10% discount on payments in cash.

5. RV4driver

RV4driver TS Member

Forget it, they actually find comfort in cool-aid. Facing the truth of what Barney Fwank and Chris Dodd did is way to scary to them.

Jeff

6. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

B682GX,,did you finish high school??

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

He may have finished high school but he never saw an economics class. Government spnding has ZERO to do with job creation. Hell even a few of the Dumbocrats know that. This bill was not about jobs it was about lining the pockets of Hussein's supporters. The Chicago machine is alive and well.

8. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

We should also thank the Republicans who are currently in the legislature for the abundance of ideas they have to restart the recently inherited economy!

9. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

If "Government spnding has ZERO to do with job creation", what was the objective of all the tax cuts the Republicans instituted these last 8 years? Oh, I forgot, it was to line the pockets of the big businesses & contributors to the Republican coffers.

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Since you cannot understand it,,,,I will talk real slow,,,,when taxes are reduced,,,,taxpayers,,,,that's people like me,,,,spend money,,,,NOT the gubment,,,,do you u n d e r s t a n d i t n o w ????

11. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Is that so? I wonder then who will show up to work on the repair of the infrastructure that this county needs?

12. bigdogtx

When PRIVATE industry creates jobs,,,,then they have "taxpayers",,,,you know the ones that have money taken by the government,,,,by the county, state and feds,,,,this creates revenue which the government then pays to have roads fixed etc.,,,,DUH!!!

13. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

You see, all the Obama/anti-gun/democrat apologists never answer for their traitors, they just try to change the subject back to Bush. It's either because they are dishonest or are suffering from Bush Derangement Syndrome.

Come on 682, tell us why this Stimulus Bill, passed without anyone even reading it, such a good thing.

If you can't, shut up.

14. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

There were several good alternatives to the stimulus package - the one I think would have worked the best was the one (JBrooks can tell us the name of the originator) where federal taxes would be repealed for calendar year 2008. That would mean everyone would get back everything they paid in federal taxes last year. As opposed to a couple of hundred buck people would either blow on beer (or shells), people gettng back thousands would likely get peope off the fence who were thinking about that new car, second home, or other purchase that would help bolster privae business - which is the cradle of jobs.

JBrooks - do I have this right?? Working from memory...... Having a wave of Democratic laziness engulf me this morning and don't feel like lookng it up.

Joe

15. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

MR, That would be Louis Gohmert, from Texas, that made that suggestion. He wanted to get the money back to the people that pay it in the first place. seems the Gov. thinks they know how to spend my money better than I do. What a joke our Congress and Senate have become. What does 9 billion to groups like ACORN do to stimulate our economy? FOOLS

Jimmy

16. bigdogtx

Jimmy,,,,they are not just fools they are traitorous scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

By the way 58 per cent of the RE-WORKED MORTAGES under the mortgage reorganization plan--are now in DEFAULT

18. farmallh

farmallh TS Member

It was so urget Obama is taking a three day weekend and won't sign until Tuesday. Would have been nice to have at least that long so it could have been read before voting!!!!!

19. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

FAIR....TAX....PLAN...!!!!! along with the dropping of the income tax admendment.

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Carter, Clinton, then a Congress and Senate with a majority of Democrates is what started this mess and now they say they are going to fix the mess the (Bush) Republicans made, HUH ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.