1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Grand Willis Corbett Story

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RLC323, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Jan 29, 1998
    My parents have attended the Grand American since the early seventies, and at their age they have outlived the majority of the people who they traveled and shot with in the past. I have come to realize that just going to the shoots and seeing the people from their past is now as much, or more fun than actually shooting the events.

On pre-Grand Saturday this year we were in the event center around 9 a.m. when I noticed Willis Corbett at the information desk. Mom and Dad recognized him immediately and went over to see their old friend. Mr Corbett recalled their names and even asked about one of their friends who had lost her trapshooter husband a couple years back. I know that he had not spoken to them for several years, the man simply does not forget a name or face, amazing. Knowing the article about Mr Corbett was in the current copy of Trap&Field, Mom asked him to autograph a copy for them which Willis graciously did.

I am not sure if Mr. Corbett ever reads the threads on here but if he does I want to thank him for being so gracious and for being such a fine representative of our sport for so many years. Ron Cox
  2. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Camdenton, MO

Anyone who has met Mr. Corbett knows immediately that they have met a rare and genuine individual. He is a great friend and asset to the shooting sports, and one of the finest gentlemen I've met in these 62 years on earth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.