1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A good take on Vietnam Vets from Galloway

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by g7777777, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998

Very moving and they should be applauded and honored

Regards from Iowa

2. beeper

beeper Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Thank you. I wasn't a Marine but I was there.

the beeper
  3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    In the Cabana
    Thanks for posting Gene

I can kind of relate to his bus ride, I was a tail gunner on a B 52, all my time was between Guam and Thailand where we flew out of to bomb out targets, the first time I got sent to Thailand I was 17 when we hit the Philippines it was about 0600 hrs but my jet lagged brain thought it was about 2000 hrs so we went to the airmans club where I proceeded to drink up my last dime knowing the USAF would never let me don, because I had my travel orders. When I went to fly to Utapao, they informed there had been a change in plans that I was going to fly into their commercial airport in Bangkok, Don Muong airport, I figured that was cool, when I got off the plane there wasn't anybody there and just a sea of 5 ft black haired people around me, I almost started to panic, then saw a white guy, went to ask him directions and he just speaken da Duesch or what ever it was, I was only proficient in English

After about 3 hrs two GI's came through and said they have been looking for me, damn I wanted to hug them

I did learn to never spend your last money and to never trust the Air Force
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.