1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A good find

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Just found in the latest Cabela's Spring/summer, on page 76: NEW Redfield Rebel Bino's 8X32. At 5in tall and 17.1oz, 4mm exit pupil, for $129.99 this seems a great deal on a perfect size. They don't say Made in Oregon, so I suppose they're imports, but with Leupold's backing(they say Redfield Limited Lifetime Guarentee) these should be great bino's for us guys back East.

Best...mike

WOOHOO! Just ordered 'em & they're on the way.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

A good find??

I thought you meant that you found a nymphomaniac that owns a Grady-White, a liquor store, loves to reload and is madly in love with you...

Sheesh...just another boring story!! LOL

Curt

3. Border Bandit

Good lord Curt, I'm 70, and have no idea whatsoever what I'd do with one of those, excepting the G-W. On second thought, though, there are rentals to consider...GRIN

best...mike

4. Border Bandit

They were on the porch, delivered, Friday. As I suspected not US made (China) Very nice...bright, clear, sharp, with excellent focus wrack and eye cup screw out adjusters. Rubber armored tubes, carrying strap, and soft case. The big surprise is the buttery smooth focus wrack with no backlash or slop. The Diopter adj. is on the right ocular and somewhat stiff but a large knurled twist ring that works just fine. All in all a very good 8x32 for an amazingly low price....highest recommendation.

best .....mike

5. Border Bandit

Just back from an eye opening comparison. My other Bino's are 8x32 Leica Trinovid ~10yrs old. I handed both the new Redfield 8x32 & the Leica to Mark, Denny & Randy. Randy was the only one to look at the maker, first. Mark said he thought the Redfield was better in feel, (it is considerably lighter) and commented on the smooth focus. Denny and Randy said they couldn't tell any difference between the two, but also commenting on the smaller size and weight of the Redfield. Then,I told them the price difference $130 for the Redfield vs over $1,000 for the Leica. I really don't understand how Leupold/Redfield can sell these for the price; but there they are...and I found some on-line even cheaper...get 'em while you can.

best...mike

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Curt, where is your shopping center located? :)

Hap

7. Gun Dog

Gun Dog TS Member

I'll second that recommendation !! I bought a pair of the Renegade 10x50mm porro style Redfeilds this winter. Love em !! As you said the focus is smoooooth. And clarity second to none imo.

William.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.