1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A GOOD DEED DOES PAY OFF!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    around 10 years ago a gentleman at the gun club purchased a used remington 1187 trap. he was right handed, but the stock had a shade of left hand cast to it. i offered to change the cast to right handed but he asked me if i would like to trade my 1100 trap with beautiful wood and my stock was straight down the middle. he said my gun fit him better. he shot a round with my gun, i shot a round with his. he asked if i would trade him even up? i said i would, but mentioned to him that i thought his gun was worth more, even though my gun had nicer wood. i made the trade with him. the next morning around 6am i get a phone call from this man, begging me to trade him back. he decided he wanted his 1187 back. i said sure, come over to my house. he was embarrased, he thanked me for allowing him to trade back. i have always felt, that a friendship is not worth breaking over a gun. before i went on vacation this week the same man calls me at home. said he is moving to florida, he's sold his guns, but wanted to know if i wanted to purchase 3 bags of shot, and some of his reloads at a very good price? i said sure, bring them over to my house. he came over, gave me everything for free. i asked him why? he said i never forgot the time when i asked you for my old gun back, you never charged me to make the trade. i said if i ever traded a gun, which i have done, i would hope the person would do the same for me. i realize that alot of shooters would not have given this man his gun back, but i felt it was the right thing to do at the time. i feel if more people would do the right thing, maybe this world would be a better place. any of you ever make a trade, and the person wanted his old gun back? if so, what happened?
    steve balistreri

2. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Good carma, good carma. It is hard for some of us to be a nice human being in this day and age and yes most of slip; slip a lot that is . . but it certanitly is with the effort.

3. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

Great story with a nice ending. Aside from making you feel good about yourself, it does pay to behave like a considerate gentleman.

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i believe that most shooters are good people. some of us just need to be pushed in the right direction at times. just look at the nice things shooters do for one another on this site alone in time of need. sure we have some wise guys, but some of them are funny in their comments. here in wisconsin alone, shooters have contributed alot of money in the name of charities. i am very proud to be in the shooting sports. this is a great fraternity to be in.
    steve balistreri

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What Steve said. Firearms are things, not icons. Not worth losing a friend or making an enemy over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.