1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A good day of shooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I went out and shot some sporting clays yesterday for the first time in about 3 months. Due to gun issues, I was only able to take my newly acquired 20 ga. sxs. Let me tell you what a treat that was. I had more fun shootin' that sxs than I do with my 391. I'm glad that I shot a round with it. Let me know how the gun handled in a field enviorment and how tight the barrels are really choked.

I shot this round out at Clear Creek sporting clays a few miles west of Danville, IN. The owner, J.D., has a very sadistic method of target setting and the wind was blowing 30mph. He had one station where you shot at one target then turn 180 degrees to catch the second target. This kind of paints you picture. Well I managed to shoot a 61 and had a great time with the other 3 guys that I shot with.

ec90t

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Did you happen to get the chance to shoot the dreaded battues in that wind? Or how about the chandels (sp?). We had wind in the 20mph area last Sunday when my uncles club had their first registered sporting clays shoot of the year, was ok up until we got to the last two stations, first being the battues, the guy that had set them up said "they were turning perfect yesterday" (when it wasn't windy!!!) and they wouldn't turn in the wind, so we were basically shooting at the edges of the freakin things! or break one right when it came out and wait forever for the second one to almost hit the ground before it would turn and face you. Then the chandels were next, those would go up about 15 feet and drop right back down, not giving you much time to shoot them. But for the first time shooting my new O/U, I managed to get a 62 the first round and a 54 the second.

-Jollytrapshooting

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Jolly, did you start thinking on the second 100? Lol.

The target presentations where all over the place. Shooting along a ravine with the winds gusting between 20-30mph ment that targets would sometimes vary 10-15 yds. We all struggled, but had a wonderful time. The owner was being the puller and he would change things up when he saw fit.

J.D. is one heck of a nice guy and would love to set a couse where a master class shooter could only break sub 90 scores in perfect conditions. If he did, noone would come because they couldn't handle it. If you ever get to Central Indiana let me know and I'll spring for a round. You'll see what I'm talking about!

All-in-fun

ec90t

4. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Sounds a lot like Middletown. LOL

Rock

Jim

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Rock, it's not that bad! Lol.

ec90t

Thread Status: