1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Frigon Trap Gun??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by huntinandhotrods, Nov 16, 2012.

1. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

I can buy a trap gun that is called a Frigon. I forgot what model number it is but it looks a lot like a bt 99. It has a monte carlo stock and has a 34 inch full choke barrel and it appears to be in great shape. It doesn't appear to be shot much. The wood is kinda plain. It comes with some extra springs and firing pins and a break down Friggon hard case. I would guess this thing is worth the $300 asking price? I don't need it but I guess it would be a good loaner gun to get some body new into shooting. Can you get parts for one of these if needed?

I love the name of it though. When you have a bad day with it, you could blame it on your Frigon gun! Lol

Thanks Dwayne

2. 87AA

87AA TS Member

Your problem will be getting replacement parts.

Hit the link above for some info. Frenchy was a character.

3. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

Thanks 87AA!!

Reading that helped me a bunch!

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I'd darn sure buy it for $300.

BTW its Frigon gun (as in Frenchy).

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They breakdown a lot, and I mean a lot.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I believe they were manufactured by Marocchi for Frenchy Frigon...

always heard they were somewhat troublesome...

7. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Nice Frigon gun, for a good Frigon price. Good Frigon luck with it.

8. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Break less than a Perazzi.

jim browb

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

A friend has one at our club it would break down about every other week, from failing to fire, and cock the hammer to broken firing pins, he now is shooting a Beretta Gold E, but still has the Frigon.

I bought many a gun from Frenchy at the Grand but not a Frigon.

One gun that is now inexpensive is the Franchi Combo guns, they held up good you cab buy a combo from $900.00 to $1200.00

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I do not see how you could go wrong for $300, especially if you are in an area that Tom Larkin travels to. Last I knew he had a few parts and was still working on those Frigons that were not entirely worn out. He could do your welding if needed.

For $300 you could do a lot of work yourself without worrying about messing up an expensive gun. A good machine shop could probably make most of the parts. These guns shot good, I have personally seen a lot of good scores shot with them over the years.

I liked Frenchy, still have a few bottles of his bore cleaner. He was one of a kind and importing these guns especially for the entry level shooter, was just one of the things that made him special.

11. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

I have one for a back up to my perazzi, never needed it to back up the perazzi, it has a slightly similar feel, palm swell and all,, but a very plain gun

shoots fine, heck of a handicap barrel/choke.

broke a firing pin once,, simple fix,

Best,

Doug

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Terribly made/designed triggers.

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

What do you want with and obsolete $300 trap gun that no one has parts for? Wake up, go buy an old used BT-99. at least you can fix them and buy parts.

14. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I'll still buy it for $300.

15. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

some days my perazzi is a friggin trap gun....

oh, wait, not the same thing....

16. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

I believe this is The Friggon Gun Companies latest offering for trap shooters.

[​IMG]

17. greengael

greengael Member

Russ Gould at doublegun has access to frigon parts iirc?

18. Johnobody

Johnobody Member

In a previous thread about the Frigon Trap Combo, somebody made a comment about his Krieghoff being a "Frigon Trap Gun" when he misses. I read that comment today and found real irony in it.

I bought one on Saturday. I shot it on Sunday. On my first round, I hit 24/25. I had never shot that gun before, had a previous high of 21 and an average somewhere between 16 & 17. I am used to the teenage girls on the kids' trap league outshooting me. The guy who sold it to me (who sponsors the aforementioned team, is an excellent trap shooter, gentleman and source of truly constructive criticism, but only when asked for it) told me, with a rueful smile, that he was now regretting selling it to me. He hadn't scored as well. He was shooting a Krieghoff.

After shooting that round, I sat down to bask in the warm glow of a new high score while my 13 year old and 15 year old fought over who would get to shoot it next. Whatever the outcome of their argument, I had already won.

As far as parts availability, I have something resembling a plan. After I get my Browning Recoilless back from Midwest and conclude one other transaction I have in the works, I'm going to actively seek another FTC. They're way undervalued.

I just would like to present my compliments to the family of the man who decided to jump in and make a quality piece of equipment and didn't charge extra for the quality.

19. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I'd give $300.00 for it, too.

20. Steve R

Steve R Member

Broke my first 25 straight with a FT1 that a guy at work was trying to sell me. Could not scrape up the funds at the time to buy it. Always enjoyed talking to Frenchy, was quite a guy. Used my last bottle of his bore cleaner a couple of years ago, wished I had more of it.

BTW I'd give $300 for it to.

Steve R

Search tags for this page
frigon ft1 trap for sale
frigon guns
frigon shotgunparts

frigon shotguns

frigon trap
frigon trap ft1
frigon trap ft1 combo
mar frigon