1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Free Box of Shells Per Day!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shoot-at-em, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoot-at-em

Shoot-at-em TS Member

That's what if figure that I save by not dipping Copenhagen any longer. Quit over 2 months ago with very few cravings. Glad to finally be off the stuff! Just had to brag!

Frank

2. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Good for you. I have quit for some time now but anytime some one takes a chew
    I remember. It is one hell of a habit to quit ,you have the rough part over. Give yourself a pat on the back. Hoot

3. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Shoot-at-em

Congrats!!! Now make sure you get those shells. It's so easy to spend the money eles where.

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I once figured what I was saving when I quit smoking..Made me sit up and smile a bit and that's when smokes were a heck of a lot cheaper..Twenty plus years later..I still don't smoke and I haven't found any of the money! Where the heck did it go?

Big Jack

5. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Good for you Shoot-at-em That was probably the most difficult habit to break that I ever had. Been off it for 4 yrs now. I still drool when someone takes a dip in front of me. The desire does pass quickly though. J.W.

6. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Congrats Shootem... you the man!!!

7. Shoot-at-em

Shoot-at-em TS Member

Thanks to all for the kind words of support. And Royce, I believe that you're right. One dip and its just like before. Heard many guys say the same thing. It sure is nice not to have something controlling me (except the wife!).

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I used to smoke about 4 packs of cigarettes a day.........Just imagine the money I'm saving by not smoking now............

Nasty habit........Thank God I saw the light.......

Hauxfan!

9. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

I had the habit so bad, that when I was logging, I would stick a wad of Copenhagen in my lip and Red Man in my cheek. Several years after I quit I was duck hunting with a friend and he offered me a chew. I was stupid enough to take it and let me tell you it made me sicker than crap. I puked every thing in my stomach and swallowed quick when I felt something furry, always figured it might have been my butt hole. I never have had the urge again. BTW when I started chewing it, it cost $5 a eight can roll. Of course cigarette were only 15 cents a pack for Camels. Yea older than dirt. BRGII

10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I quit smoking pall malls (3 pack a day) for nine years. Started up again. Never quit fighting,. I quit the last time in 1991.

11. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Duke2005 been there and done that, I do get your drift. It's wonders what a carton of Winstons or Marlboro could get you, and I didn't even smoke either. Marine Corps 1954-1958 Semper Fi

12. Toddy

Toddy Member

I, too used to get duty free cigs but quit cold turkey in 1980 and found the key to quitting was train your brain and quit for the rest of your life ....I'll never smoke again.....

R.T., East Sooke, BC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.