1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A forum issue

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 9point3, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

I know that you folks that have been shooting a while and are in the know don't notice but when you post a notice about an upcoming shoot, clinic or event could you please give more location info than just the range or town name.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Birmingham Gun Club is having a coin shoot on Saturday and a knife shoot on Sunday. You should go.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=flipflop.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Tron.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Damn Tron,

No broken down Fords today? Lol.

ec90t

4. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

I know you are a funny guy Tron but this poster has a valid point.

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

A gun club name and town/state should be sufficient to delve into the ATA site or any of the other gunclub locating websites to get directions from. Just my .02.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

You are right JB!

To quote you:

"A gun club name and town/state should be sufficient to delve into the ATA site or any of the other gunclub locating websites to get directions from. Just my .02."

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=133776&messages=2

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=133872&messages=1

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=133608&messages=10

None of the above threads mention the state where the event is held. It takes a Google search just to get enough info to search the ATA Data base.

For example, where is SILVER DOLLAR? I assumed it was in MO near Branson buy to my dismay, it is in FLA

I guess this is a case where if you don/t know, you don't belong

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It is a valid point. Tron will try harder next time. By the way Birmingham is in MI near I-96 and M-5.

Don

8. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

When I get an invitation (in the mail) to a shoot it always lists the program, club name, address, contact, phone and in most cases, directions and/or a map. There are a lot of clubs with the same name as another in a different area or state, Birmingham being one of those. It would seem that in order to increase attendance and foeter good will a posting on here could be much more specific and therefore, helpful to all.

9. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"A gun club name and town/state should be sufficient to delve into the ATA site or any of the other gunclub locating websites to get directions from. Just my .02."

You want us to come to your shoot if we're nearby otherwise you would not have taken the time to post it on the forum. If you haven't checked all the club web site links for your state, you might want to before you make a statement like that. At least half of the links for my state contain no directions at all. And even though the clubs may be active, their web sites can often be pathetic and abandoned and of little use to anyone.

If you want me to shoot at your club, take the time to tell me enough to get me there and to know what to expect for a program.

10. docrtaylor

docrtaylor TS Member

Idont work for this site but registered our club with http://shotgunshoot.com/ and they list a lot of useful info about the shoot and the club and they also include directions to the club through google. Once i have the shoot set up I just copy and paste the webpage address for the upcoming shoot into the slot for a website and you can link right to it. This is our upcoming shoot this weekend check it out.

Ralph

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok here is a shoot that is happening this week end maybe this is what you mean by namimg the location for all that is close to western ky and northern tn then here is a nice club to go to.

Foggy

HENRY COUNTY GUN CLUB

PURYEAR, TN.

REGISTERED SHOOT.....SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2007, 9:00AM

ONE TIME DAILY FEE

ATA.....$2.00 & TSTA.....$2.00

...............................................................................

EVENT # 1.....100 16 YARD TARGETS..................$25.00

FIVE CLASSES (3 OR MORE SHOOTERS) CHAMPION, AA, A, B, C & D

(AA-97%+) (A-94% under 97%) (B-91% under 94%) (C-88% under 91%) (D- under
    88%)

CHAMPION NOT ELIGIBLE FOR CLASS AWARDS

EVENT # 2..... 100 HANDICAP TARGETS...............$25.00

THREE CLASSES ( 3 OR MORE SHOOTERS)

CHAMPION, 19-21, 22-24 & 25-27

CHAMPION NOT ELIGIBLE FOR YARDAGE AWARDS

EVENT # 3..... 50 PAIR OF DOUBLES.....................$25.00

FOUR CLASSES (3 OR MORE SHOOTERS)

CHAMPION, A, B, C & D

CHAMPION NOT ELIGIBLE FOR CLASS AWARDS

TRAPS EQUIPPED WITH CANTERBURY VOICE RELEASE SYSTEMS

FOOD AND REFRESHMENTS WILL BE AVAILABLE

FOR DIRECTIONS TO GUN CLUB, SEE WEBSITE : http://www.hcgc.net

OR CALL TERRY REARDON AT 731-644-3283

MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ALTER OR CANCEL ANY PART OF THIS PROGRAM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.