1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Ford in Your Future?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JBrooks, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Why not? It sure works for these guys. LOL

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/15908257/index.html

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Our work ethic at its finest! Why are we in an economic hell hole? Certainly a part of it!

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

Just more of the union BS that their members have to put up with. With this kind of corruption does any one wonder why the big 3 are in trouble.

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I must admit all that is true. Where I worked it happened the same way and the company allowed it to happen. If anybody else did this, it would be falsification of company records and you would be subject to discharge.

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Makes you want to go out and join a union, don't it. Many years ago I worked a job and we had to have one union guy for every three of our guys. Guess how many of them did any work. None. I brought donuts with me to work and the sorry suckers were going to help themselves and I told them I would whip their butt it they so much as touched one of my donuts. Ever since that I've had no use for unions. I'm only 61 years old and I've yet to hear anything good about unions and a lot of union workers. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are all scum bags, it just seems that way. Most workers that I have met spend more time trying to figure out how to work less or why they are having to do something and not someone else. I know I shouldn't lump everybody together as I know they aren't all crooks but they are the ones you always hear about. Jackie B.

6. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I worked 2 days at a union job many years ago and the same kind of thing went on then. I told all of them they were a disgrace to to the hard working public along with a few other choice words and quit...one of the best moves I ever made.

Mark Rounds

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yep, all union guys are corrupt slobs, all blacks are armed robbers, and all towel heads drive cabs or work in convenience stores.

Now that we have that figured out let's go fix the economy.

HM

8. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Between semesters in 1965 I worked for a premium tool and die company, The Morse Twist Drill. I was introduced to the boss on my first day and he gave me the tour and said I got a 10 minute break in the A.M. and another in the P.M. He took me to my work room and as soon as he left the shop steward came through the door. He said I got a 15 minute break every hour. I said the boss said 20 mins. total he said if you want to keep this job you WILL show up at the men's room every hour. I needed the job to pay for school so I did what the shop steward said and he was always there no matter when I got there. Last union job I ever had. The company closed about a year later. JRM

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

It's easy to spot the non union shop employees, they don't have a very good dental plan.

10. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

HWit, all union guys aren't corrupt slobs, it's only the union bosses. You forgot politicians who are the same as union bosses.

11. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

After rereading my post I felt bad because I know most union workers are probably good honest folks. My personal experiences didn't help my attitude but I need to remember that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Most of the corrupt ones we hear about are the stewards/bosses. Again I apoligize and thanks HM for checking my attitude. Jackie B.

12. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Hey, how do I apply to be a shop steward? That video was funny but it also shows why the UAW needs a major overhaul.

13. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

WORK 101.......I WORK A JOB. I WORK MY BEST. I WORK EVERY DAY. I WORK TO MY FULLIST. I REALLY PUT IN 8 HOURS A DAY. I HAVE NO REASON TO DOUBT PEOPLE THAT SAY I DON'T DO THIS. I WILL PUSH A BROOM TO MAKE $30 PER HOUR. ...and ON and ON. I HAVE ALL MY TEETH AND AM NOT UNION !

14. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I am a retired Union worker and screwed up,I bought a Kolar.
    Non Union,but at least MADE IN AMERICA.

Yep, I shop at Wal-Mart,Cabela's,and buy Carhartt,most everything made in China.
    I have thermol underware on as of now from Carhartt $70.00 per set,made in China.
    Carhartt shoes $120.00 a pair,guess what made in China.

Merrell shoes $140.00 a pair Made in China.

Just bought Delonghi deep fat fryer-Made in China.

Goose Down comforter full size made in China.

1,000 thread count Egyptian sheets,bought yesterday Made in China.

Goose down Waders jacket from Cabelas $145.00 Made in China.

So fellows quit bitching about the Union,everything has went to China.

I would like to know how many of you shoot an AMERICAN MADE SHOTGUN.

So what few Unions are left,may as well move them over there to.

Don't forget your Oil workers are Union to,that is why you have high priced GAS.

GEEZ GET REAL

Bocephas

15. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

Bo, perhaps you haven't been to a gas station lately, it's not high priced any longer. There isn't a union in the oil patch either.

16. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

From a "LAY" person's point of view. I just always wondered why Someone would need Someone to "suggest" to them how to live/work/ and vote? SLAVE labor doesn't happen in THIS country today. NO COMPANY would exist in THIS COUNTRY TODAY by "exploiting" humans.QUITE frankly.....I'm for "LASSE FAIRE". SURVIVOL of the FITTEST.DO a JOB....DO IT PRETTY GOOD......GET PAID......END of STORY.Why would I need someone to tell me THIS? On the contrary.......we have people that need direction and "someone else".... "and MEMBERS" to realize there full potential. I'm not TALKING about "MADE IN CHINA".......I'm talking about "BEING YOUR OWN SHOP STEWARD".

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bo, 1100 and 90T are my main work horses. And I drive a Buick. But I could not find a telephone recorder made in US.

As far as the high price gas, I guess the union must have evaporated last month.

Our present problems are the result of a group of rich bastards who were greedy for more, and our leaders helped them get it so they could wet their beaks a little.

Anyone not understanding that needs a pass to ride the short bus.

HM

18. jober

jober TS Member

Guys its apparent that everyone feels the same and we are not happy with the way things are today.Look at Bo's reply it is right on so instead on complaining here lets go to work on our corrupt elected officials and try to get some of those companies back home. A very high tariff on imports could help. Sure we may have to pay a little more for these products but they will say made in America, lets show some American pride. Also it may create a job for our children in the future. Jober

19. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

To HALFMILE: My older Buick LaSabre was made in Canada. My Chevrolet Tracker was made in Canada but my Toyota Camry was made in the US; figure out that one.
    Darrell

20. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

My new BMW was assembled in South Carolina. Probably God only knows where all the parts came from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.