1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

A+ for Lead Miner

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I picked up my order this morning from Lead Miner. Folks, this guy has some awesome reclaimed shot. There is absolutely no trickery with him. The picture he shows of his shot is exactly what you get. No dust, no clumps, just good round reclaimed shot. I have already ran a few boxes worth thru my loader and I see no difference in function what so ever. I can't wait to get out and shoot some of my reclaimed shot loads.

On top of a great product at an honest price, Terry is a hell of a nice guy to meet and chat with. Besides, I wouldn't bad mouth him as his hands are as big as my face. LOL

Nice meeting you Terry and thanks for some great shot.
    grntitan_2009_2503320.jpg
  2. bowhunting11

bowhunting11 TS Member

I absolutely second that!!!
  3. Ross

Ross Active Member

grntitan----AGREED-----Have been using his RC shot for about 3 yrs. now & can't tell any difference in going through my loader or target breaking performance back as far as the 23yd.line. Ross Puls
  4. gaustin

gaustin TS Member

I purchased 125# from Terry last year at the Michigan State Shoot and agree with the above posts. Thanks Terry for a great product.

Gregg Austin
  5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Matt, is that your handicap load??? A little over 511 gr's don't ya think!
  6. grntitan

Jim, and I still can't break the dang things...
  7. steve mainus

steve mainus Active Member

Ditto to that. Terry is the best, so is the shot. BUY MORE!
  8. 7mag

7mag Member

I bought 1600 lbs from Terry almost a year & a half ago. I have bought new shot that isn't as good as shape as terrys shot. Have had no problem with it out of any of my mecs. Will buy from him again when this is gone. Rich
  9. MDMike

MDMike TS Member

I wish we had a Terry on the east coast....
  10. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

I bought 500 lbs and have loaded and used about half of it without any problems. Terry is a nice person; I insisted he count the money that I gave him before I left. He didn't, saying he trusted trap shooters (this was the first time I had met him).

I wonder what is the level of lead in his blood though!
  11. slayer

slayer Active Member

Greg, Do you know if he is going to be at the state shoot this year? i think I may try a few bags. Thanks Bill
  12. plinker611

plinker611 Member

looks like some good shot,just wish i could afford a 55 gal drum to run with the ton + of sorted wheel weights i have to run this winter..through the jim stewart black max setup we built..(jims shot maker,my backend),come on october,mark
  13. gaustin

gaustin TS Member

Slayer, not sure if he is or not.......Gregg
  14. grntitan

creeker,

I have opened and used (2) bags of Terry's shot now. I dumped each bag into a tub and then I ran a pretty powerful magnet thru the tub. It came up clean with not even a spec of dust stuck to the magnet. Terry did tell me that I may find a stray piece here and there but his system for cleaning the shot runs it thru several powerful magnets to separate any steel. I fully expected a piece or two but so far I haven't found so much as a spec of steel. To say I'm sold on his shot would be an understatement.
  15. shootnair

shootnair Member

Calm down men. His demand will go up -supply will go down and you should know the rest. I am on my third barell of lead from him though.
  16. seymore/82

seymore/82 Member

Up for Terry's shot. Put the gun to your shoulder and let it fly. If you start questioning the pattern its you not the shot. Good quality shot in todays market.
  17. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Member

Thanks for all the good words. I try my best to provide a decent product. And dont worry i am only going to double my price to Obama when he calls. Terry
  18. woodcarver

woodcarver TS Member

My pappy always told me a man's work speaks for itself and Terry's does a great job for him,Great shot Terry!!!
  19. moose!!!

moose!!! Member

First time I bought reclaimed shot, it was from Terry. After that I heard of horror stories about reclaimed shot. His looked new so, I could not understand the problems that folks were having. Now after some research I have found out Terry's would be premium extra clean reclaimed shot, if they had a grading system on reclaimed shot. I have not used up what I purchased before from Terry but, I will only use Terry's reclaimed shot or new in the future. He has the best product I have ever seen out there

Great Job Lead Miner Keep up the Quality work see you soon.

Moose
  20. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Member

Carefull there Literalist. My next job is in Missouri and i might have to use you to break up those rocks. I dont mean that u would be using a hammer. I mean me swinging you to break up those rocks. Lol Terry just kidding
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.