1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A fine Sport!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by melbournemike, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I started trapshooting late in life,arouind 40yrs old ,I had to wait for the usual things in life that come before engaging in hobbies! I was enthusistic and progressed well that first year I remember my first 25 and 50 like it was yesterday.
    The point which I so far have seemed to be avoiding is I never would have enjoyed the sport so much or progressed so fast if it werent for wonderful fellow shooters who welcomed me and my $350 import over under and gave me pointers and encouragement!
    I started shooting at Suffolk Trap and Skeet on Long Island,NY.( yes there still are guns in NY) Dick Demott ran the club which was county owned and managed it like he owned it ! I will compare it to any in the world!
    O'h yeah,the point! I just want to thank the shooters I;ve met over the years for as much fun as you can have with your pants on! And thank you for welcoming my 2 youngest sons who are now starting their shooting careers!
    Keep it up and remember youth is the future keep our sport growing and sponson youth shoots Boys Scouts and 4h clubs ,High school teams anything to get more kids in the sport! A grateful shooter ! Mike Moloney melbourne florida
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.