1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A fine day with Stu Welton

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 2llc, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

My Son Chris and I had the opportunity to spend a full day Saturday with Stu Welton at the Baker City Gun Club. We are new shooters with about 9 or 10 months on the trap range. It was quite an honor to have such a fine shooter and sportsman take the time to bring a few folks a bit further into the game of trapshooting. If I had been fortunate enough to have more instructors with his abilities and mannerisms when I was young and still in school I certainly would have learned more and retained more. His approach to each person was tailored to the skill level and needs of the shooter and his presentation was clear and understandable..... common sense I suppose but to new shooters like me and my son the information and corrections were new and needed. We had the pleasure of over 7 hours of his time when we had to leave but he was still on the line with a few others giving they just a bit more of his personal attention and experience.... Yesterday I went to a shoot in Wallowa Oregon..... It appears my time with Stu resulted in 2 or 3 more hits from the 16 yard and I shot a three 22 yard and averaged 21...... I seldom hit more than 15 or 16 from that yardage.... As my friend Jim says "It sure feels good to WOOOOF them". Mu son and I thank you Stu... The pleasure was ours.... We wish you all the best at the Grand Nationals....... Larry

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I had the pleasure of meeting Stu back in the 80's at a couple of Montana State shoots. He was a fine young man then and I kinda knew he would do big things with a shotgun...

Ron Burr

3. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Well Stu may be a fine man, but he is getting a little gray and a little older now, I think he dirt balls so many birds, the smoke gets on his hair and makes it gray. Fun to watch him shoot. Scott in Mondamtana. :)

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

We are proud to claim Stu as a Melba GC member.He has accomplished more than most of us could only dream of in this game

5. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

His shooting ability is amazing, where ever he shoots. Scott

6. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Here's the pair Mike Miller and Su Welton at the Alaska State ATA Trapshoot last year.
    chugiakshooter_2009_140617.jpg

7. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

Somebody get the third grader on the left a box to stand on for the next picture.

8. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

He might not stand as high.....but I think he shoots way up there.

Rick in MT

9. Macdaddy

Macdaddy Member

Rich,

You're right, the "prince of Idaho" is rather short! Ha Ha

No, really a great shooter, glad to have met him around the west.

mac

10. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

He is quite a shot. Think how good he would be if he could see over the trap house.

11. Lyle

Lyle Member

Bullard,

You crack me up. Rich knows that Stu is an average sized guy around 6 ft. tall. Mike Miller is around 6'5" give or take. Mike Miller is a fine shooter too.

See you in September Rich.

Lyle

12. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

Stu set Chris up just a little before the day was over...... He said "Here Chris, give my gun a try". I suspect Stu just planted a seed or two. Chris came over to me later and said "man,,,,,, that was just a little bit of alright". YUP....... a bunch different than a Rem model 11.......... Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

stu welton

stu welton trapshooter