1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A do not patron list?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by tom pond, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom pond

tom pond TS Member

After the Tuscon tradedy, I have noticed that my home page MSN.com hints towards its stance towards stricter gun control laws by use of headlines. I am changing my home page. Does anybody know of any "boycott" or "do not patronize" list of companies or organizations that are for gun control that people could make a concious decision to boycott?

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I also have MSN for a home page but I apparently missed their "stance". I've read articles they have posted no announcement of any stance they are taking. Please direct me to some info.

Bill

3. tom pond

tom pond TS Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15386044. This is one, it is not current, it is just one I had saved on my computer. Maybe it is the way I percieve it, but I feel most of ther articles lean towards more control.

4. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

I do remember I was upset with AARP back in the nineties for a position they had taken on guns, and they had also gotten on the wrong side of the NRA. Don't remember the details but I've been eligible for 14 years and haven't joined.

5. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Mash on the above link...Bill

6. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Send them a e-mail and ask them flat out, Where do you stand on gun control? It would be interesting to see if they gave you a straight up answer or the normal Obama dog and pony show answer.

7. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Any of you remember Tom Selleck's visit with Rosie? She was also a spokesperson for K-Mart. When K-Mart did not take any action against her for her unprovoked attack on the NRA and ALL gun owners while attacking Selleck, and K-Mart even went so far as to say that she had the right to say that, well since that day K-Mart has not seen a single red (or any other color) cent from me.

This was especially hypocritical because of K-Mart's firing of Fuzzy Zoller earlier because of some words he said. That was back in 1997. The Selleck and all gun owners attack occurred in 1999. Listed below is a link to the transcript of the O'Donnell attack on gun owners.

Remember, this is the same Rosie that hired a gun carrying personal bodyguard. Can you say HYPOCRITE!

Transcript

Oh yea, about two years later, K-Mart files for bankruptcy. Think their insulting millions of gun owners may have had any impact on their bottom line?

8. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Hawk46:

AARP was also on the wrong side of the federal government's imposition of health care rationing and medical mediocrity under Obamacare.

sissy

PS: If Odummy and the lib dem morons that passed this totalitarian monstrousity thought it was so f#@king good, why did they exempt themselves and their families from receiving health care under it's provisions??

9. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

I use OUTDOORSUNLIMITED.NET for my homepage. Used to use their internet svc when I could only get dial-up. They are 110% pro gun and when using them for isp they gave part of the fee to nra or any other out doors org of your choice. Not a good deal if you dont like fox news or if yu prefer leftist ideals. It works for me and I keep it. It also updates news as it happens.

Bob

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Any gun owner who supports AARP needs to understand they're handing money over to a group who will use it to ban his guns. This is called sleeping with the enemy.

11. Shoemaker

Shoemaker Member

I to have distanced myself from the AARP for the reasons listed above. I have recently been receiving information about "The Alliance for Retirement Prosperity" claiming they are seeking retirement aged individuals who are turned off by the AARP positions. Was wondering if anyone had information about them, good or bad. Considering joining and would like to know.

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

AARP is a horrible organization. I can do my own research and make up my own mind how to vote. I have sent the last year tearing up their junk mail and sending it back to them asking that they take me off their list. Since they do not respect me enough to leave me alone, they can keep paying for the return postage for their junk.

As far as discounts, My local agent can always beat the AARP on motor vehicle insurance. My Motorclub card gets pretty nice discounts at several name brand hotels. I figure if I only stay in 4 motel rooms a year, I broke even on the price of the insurance, the 5th room starts making me profit. I have never needed a tow or roadside, but it is there if I need it.

13. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

First off you don't need a "home page", select none that way you can just go on to whatever site you happen to want to got to at that time. It's just a scam to get hit numbers up on certain sites and not only that it just uses up time and rescources to load a home page if that is not where you are going anyway. If you just have to have a home page why not make it ts.com?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.