1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Dear Shooting Friend has Passed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

I am very sad to announce that a very dear friend of mine passsed away this morning, Mr Red Hill. I am not at home this weekend and my wife called me this afternoon to let me know about this. I no doubt learned a tremendous amount from Red and many of you knew of him if you received our monthly newsletters. I know that he is survived by a son John but I don't know any other details. I just want to say farewell Red, God Bless you and our heart goes out to his family.

Dennis & Cindy DeVault

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Dennis, Martin and I are very sorry for the loss of your friends, and to his family and the shooting community who knew him. We wish you peace and good memories.

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

A good guy Dennis and certainly important in your life. Sorry to hear that, God Bless and condolences to all. He's in my prayers, Bob

4. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Our heart felt deepest sympathy goes out to you for you're dear friend and his Family Dennis . Prayers from our hearts.

Patrick & Patricia Krokonko

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Sorry for his passing. Besides being a real shooter,mentor, patriot he was humble. Too bad I got all this info second hand. Would have loved to meet your friend.

Phil Berkowitz

6. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Dennis,

Although you have lost a close friend and mentor, Red left you with that same ability that he possessed...you are a mentor to many, my friend. God rest his sole and comfort you and family.

milt

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Prayers for you and Red's family and friends. God's speed....

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I have an old Skeet Shooting Yearbook from 1971 or 72, I think, with the pictures of Red Hill, Ray Barnes, Robert Paxton, and another shooter who were the high average shooters for the year in each gun. I think Red Hill was high gun in the 410.

That's how good he was.

9. TC

TC TS Member

Sorry to hear, my condolences. Tony

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. May his memory live on in your teachings and his family. Break-em all. Jeff

11. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy to all family and friends on the passing of yet another shooter. RIP

Janet, Ohio

12. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I am sorry to hear of Red's passing. I shot sporting with him 3 weeks ago. A nice guy and was still enthusiastic about shooting.

13. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Oh, Dennis, we're so sorry--we know how important Red was to you and what his passing will mean to your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Mark and Sally

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Very sad news Dennis,..Red was no doubt a great friend and mentor..my deepest condolences

15. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

Dennis,

Sorry to hear about Red's passing. You have told me about your experience with him personally and I know how much of an impression he made on you and how important he was to you; I haven't forgotten. I know he'll be missed. I send my blessings from me and my family. In fact, we just lost another friend and shooter, Barry Badini.

Robert Houston

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.