Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

a deal is a deal

7K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  sean justice 
#1 ·
ive been thinking how to post this so here it goes, not going to list this persons name unless he doesnt make right, to make a long story short we traded guns and he had the idea to each use 2 DAY shipping, it cost me almost 100 bucks and my gun arrived on time, his gun didnt and fed ex told me he paid 25.00 i was supposed to get it fri. didnt come till tues. im pissed, this was his idea to shipp this way, he tried 2 tell me he gave the teller extra 50 bucks 2 be there by fri. yeah right!!!!!! when i asked for the difference he said the forearm was cracked and he is waiting 4 repair. i told him 2 send it back right away and ill pay shipping back 2 me, oh yeah the gun he traded me said it was new, its clearly not, but oh well, this guy got a awesome deal from me and i dont care about anything but about 75.00 shipping difference. fair is fair.. im tired of thinking about this. make right on this , you know who u are, im not a typer..... thanks 4 your time everyone.

#2 ·
Know the feeling . I just bought a 22 Cal Conversion for a 45 ACP . Paid for it last Wendesday With a card . Ask for a tracking number and got one Friday . After checking Sunday it had not been recived by The post office yet ?? Call the guy a dealer today at 10:AM he said the post office is always behind on tracking ?? Did a track today at 3:pm guess what He ship,t it today at 1:15 pm.

JUST TELL THE TRUTH OR just do what you say you will ??

#3 ·
Let me put the record straight,this gentleman had a gun for sale and i offered to buy ,i told him i had a gun for sale a Sig 556.he made an offer and we came up with a trade.I asked him to ship gun Federal Express and he said it was out of his way so he shipped it USPS which was fine but cost more money than Federal Express.I told him i would ship gu Federal Express which i did ,i shipped on a Wednesday they told me it should arrive on Friday.Federal Expess got it there Friday night but couldn't deliver until on Monday ,Fed Exp.said they tried to deliver on Monday but that no one was there to accept so they delv. Tuesday ,i tracked the package and it showed they tried to deliver on Monday but no one there to accept.I did not asked him to ship his gun by air as i was not in any hurry.When he received the gun he said a buddy of his told him the gun wasn't new and should have two clips.I traded for this gun with a dealer and was there when he unpacked the gun from a dist.and it was new i never even cleaned the cosmoline out of it also pulled gun up on the web. and spec's show it only came with one clip.When i received his gun a Beretta 391 it had a hairline crack in the forearm i have a friend that is a Beretta dist.so he said he would get the forearm replaced at no cost to me except for frt. there ans back which i agreed to.After the trade was made the gentleman called me and said he found where he could buy the gun cheaper.The gun he got from me was a Sig 556 .223 cal. the wholesale is over $1800.00 ,i had $1300.00 in this gun and let him have it for what i had in it.He was asking $1000.00 for his gun so he paid me $300.00 difference.I offered to give him the pnone number of the Dealer i got the gun from so he could tell him the gun was new.This gentleman called me in access of 25 times either bitching about the price of the gun or about his FFL holder .This gentleman better be careful of his comments.This is why i hate to tade guns anymore other than face to face.He says my gun wasn't new which it was but he put it for sale on Trap Shooters and he sure didn't say anything about it not being new.I am sorry to vent on Trap Shooters but this kind of crap drives me crazy.I have over 20 bought and sold guns on trapshooter with plenty of references.This guy is a nut.

#7 ·
Guess I'm just lucky but every person I have made deals with through this forum have been 100% good guys.

Sorry there is a dispute and cannot settle it person to person, that sort of stuff really fouls the air in what I think is a pretty good place to make trades.

Seriously, I don't think the 'plantiff' has a case.

#8 ·
I've bought 1 gun and many other items from posters on this site with good transactions.And I have posted a few want ads stating I prefer a face to face transaction,Only to get replys asking if I can legally buy a gun or suggesting foul play. This thread is why FTF sales are best. Richard

#9 ·
ok, i better watch my comments or what? u asked me to ship by fri. and i did. how can u sit here and lie saying you were not in a hurry, oh and i did call u several times cause u didnt send your identification with the firearm, my ffl wouldnt release it until you sent it. i will post pics of forearm when i get a chance and email them to you. i see where i can buy them for 25 bucks used. i dont care so much about that, we had a deal on shipping and u know it, you said you gave 50 dollars extra so it would arrive fri. that was a lie. u shipped it ground. the post office is usually cheaper anyway. ill pay shipping send the gun and money if you dont want to pay me the difference. ive sold several high end guns here and just bought a kemen and sold a pro-sporter k80 last month and never had such a problem. if u make this right i will be sorry to everyone and you, the deal is done , we had a deal on the shipping.

#10 ·
If you try to deal on the internet you are going to have problems some time. It is to easy to skip out on a deal because of the distance and not being able to get a face to face meeting. So the chartacter of the person is all that governs the deal. I have had super people on here to deal with. A problem comes up and it is taken care of and every one is happy. Then I have the ones that tell you what they will do then a little later they get a 5 dollar better offer and they skip out on you. Tom

#11 ·
Sean i am not sure you know what the truth is,you say i ask you to ship by Friday that is bull you shipped the gun on wednesday.We talked about 3 day shipping so guns wouldn't lay around in some terminal over the weekend.You elected to ship USPS as you said Fed Ex.was out of your way, i asked you to ship Fed.Ex.as it was cheaper .I went to Fed.Ex.on wed.the 21st.and shipped the gun, Fed Ex. advised they though gun would be there by friday the 23rd.They tried to delivery the gun on Monday morning at your dealer and no one was there to accept so they delv. on Tuesday .All this is shown online Federal Express tracking.I payed shipping both ways for the Beretta 391 forearm to be replaced on the gun i received from you, you made no effort to help out even though it was cracked when i received it.You called me 7 times to tell me how i should pay you more money for your frt.I told you i didn't agree but when i got the forearm back we would talk about it.You said you would send your address and you didn't,i personally think you are dishonest but i will send you a check for $50.00 just because the gun didnt get to you on Fiday i hope people on this site thinks its fair as it is people like you who ruin peoples names .Most of the stuff you posted is b.s. ,my gun was new the dealer i got it from was Past and Blast in Whitesboro Texas he said feel free to contact him.When you post your b.s. tell the truth.You are by far the worst person i have ever dealt with on Trapshooters.I am only posting this so the people i deal with on Trapshooters know the whole story and i offer the $50.00 because Fed.Ex. didn't get the package there until on Monday.I believe you to be dishonest and a whiner.I hope people on Trapshooters have better dealings with you than i have.Fellow trapshooters please advise if i have been more than fair.

#12 ·
Valley1.... Seems to me you stepped up to the plate to make this right. Not knowing what actually transpired in your trade with Sean, I think you have made the right decision, and I respect you for that. $50.00 isn't worth the aggravation, nor that "heavy" feeling you get in the pit of your stomach from a deal gone bad. You took the high road, and I agree with you. If I ever have an occassion to deal with you, I will do so knowing you are a man of integrity, and a man that values his reputation. I wish I could say the same for Sean. He knew, before he sent the gun to you that the forend was cracked, yet he failed to mention that fact to you, nor did he offer to make it right. Not exactly the type of guy I want to deal with..... Just my opinion.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

#13 ·
It's next to imposible to describe something that is not brand new to someone else.

Therefore, when doing deals like this you should ask for a 3-day right of inspection and return priviledge. If the seller will not grant it, then there is/could be a problem. And, if you are granted that priviledge, and then decided against the deal, it is your duty to repay his shipping charges. I have, however, had a seller a time or two try to make money on the shipping charges. Now, I only will refund what the actual shipping charges are for me when/if I return an item.

Several deals done on TS.COM are sold, and it's over baby. I have NEVER operated that way, because what goes around comes around.

Furthermore, when doing deals like this you'd better expect that shipping costs are never what they appear to be.

I get emails all the time asking me to quote shipping charges, and without boxing the item up, weighing it, assigning insurance, it is damn difficult to do. Additionally, if someone is so concerned about shipping charges, then either they think I am one of those guys who rip you off on charges. That I don't do and in fact I was one of those responsible for eBay now having the "Report Item" tab where you can complain to eBay on excessive shipping charges.

Good luck in resolution.

WW

#14 ·
DAN, you say i knew the forearm was cracked, the gun had 25 rounds thru it, either way when he recieved it FRIDAY and called me i said send it back. i didnt see no crack, if there was a problem send it BACK, dan u dont even know me, but you probally know valley.

#15 ·
Trap 2 thank you for your comment,Sean i have never heard of this gentleman before today but your true character is showing.You should make your nasty comments to me and not to fellow trapshooters who make a comment.By the way you told me you bought the gun used and you didn't know how many rounds were shot thru it you said you would guess 200 or 300 but you didn't know.It doesn't matter 25 or 300 it still was cracked but i got it replaced with no cost to you.Sell something to someone else and raise heck with them i am thru conversing with you.This is my last comment and again i apologize to the other shooters on this forum for airing out dirty laundry.Again you still have not sent your address.

#16 ·
Gee, I thought this is why we hade PMs.

Airing the dirty linen doesn't accomplish a thing. I have, unfortunately, been on both sides of similiar problems...it is a pain in the fanny, but the pain goes away. Getting in a "fight" in public...this forum, is not good.

JON

#17 ·
Trading guns over the internet can be risky. I traded a gun with a gentleman and I think the deal went smoothly. I received the promised gun on time and in perfect shape. He received the gun I shipped him and confirmed it. I hope he is happy with the gun as I am happy with the one I got. I've tried to contact him with no result. So, I assume he's happy.

In this particular situation I see no wrong here. There are a couple of days difference, but you got the guns you wanted. The forearm is being replaced and it sounds like valley1 is satisfied with that.

I'm not sure what the beef is here. This seems like a decent exchange to me. Sure, everything didn't go perfect. But, it's not like anyone didn't get a gun and it's not like either gun doesn't work.

#18 ·
Thank god all of my transactions on this site have been great. I was happy with what I got and others were happy with what I sold them. I told the guy who bought my gun if he ever though in the future of selling it to contact me first. He said most likely not because he likes the gun so much and it was better than described.

Peter

#22 ·
VNVET, you are doing a search to "match ANY keywords".

Click the option to "match ALL keywords" and you will get different results.

For what it's worth, I bought a trigger group that Sean had listed here, and it was a problem free, enjoyable experience.

I have no dog in this fight, so I am not going to pass judgement one way or the other on this issue, but I would buy from Sean again in a heartbeat.

#24 ·
ohiomike,

I have no dog in this fight either as I have no dealings with either party. I thought there may have been a glitch in the database search function, but I see I was using it incorrectly. The "match all keywords" does return different results. My apologies for bringing "seangamble" into this thread.

Jim

#25 ·
There are allways three stories on every sale......
1. the seller
2. the buyer
3. the truth

Just my thoughts

I sold a gun on trapshooter, and traded for one, when it arrived is was really worn, not in good shape at all, it had been shot alot, I never said a work. I guy that got mine never never sent the chokes! His dad was an offical with the ITA, so i appealed to him to get his son to full fill the deal, the guy was a complete ass, he gave me every excuess in the book about his dead beat son being out of town to my gun having problems! I told him to retun my gun if there was anything wrong for a full refund, the kid final called and said he was sorry and very happy with the gun! I asked about all the probems his dad told me about..........he said everything was perfect............. just shows you that it's buyer beware..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.