1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A DAY AT THE GUN CLUB

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by awbenz, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Jimmy, Glad you are feeling good. Guess you went to Amarillo. Hope all are doing well up there. Allen

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

EXACTLY,

If it is supposed to be fun, why the rush to get it over with? It isn't like golf where you get stuck behind a slow group and get frustrated.

We (my girlfriend and I) shot both days this weekend in cold windy Michigan and we were some of the first to arrive and last to leave.

Good weather is around the corner - can't wait. And longer days means I can shoot after work on Wednesdays too!!

Obviously a lot depends on the atmosphere of the club and the people you play with.

Don

3. TX-MX

TX-MX TS Member

I was in Amarillo also, and Jimmy is right. It was a great day to be out at the gun club and great to see Jimmy. Nice turnout, good shooters, and from what I could tell a well run shoot. It's that time of year . . .

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I, for one, and there are probably many others, have family & work obligations that prevent me from hanging around the club all day. Wish I could and maybe when & if I make it to retirement, I can experience the pleasure of hanging out at the club. Until then I'll just dream about it.

5. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

Hitapair , your right on the money . I prefer sportingclays as you have fun and socialize as you go , tried shooting the local trap league but I can't stand around in the cold for 2 and a half hours to shoot 50 targets . Get er done and have fun Jay

6. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Thats one of the longest sentences I've seen in a long time. Wait a minute, it didn't end yet.

7. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Hey Rebel, Were you at PG County Saturday? lol

There were 4 young men who came in and didn't know squat about trapshooting (like I know any more than squat but that's besides the point) It wasn't until Recurvyarcher took one under her wing that they moved at all (and believe me, it took 40 minutes for them to shoot 5 shots and move on) Usually there is someone from the club to help newbies, but that day the young man who was there looked almost as lost as these guys were. Was nice to see new people but we didn't get a whole lot of shooting done while they were there.

Luvn

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jimmy, good to hear your out and about again! Ruthie say that I like to hear the first shot and fire the last, then the BSn starts. That's real close but I ain't admittin nuttin!

Hitapair, your turn is coming guy, you'll enjoy it too! (BTW) Thanks for saving that great wood for so long, I'm enjoying it! Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.