1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A couple of shooting questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by huntinandhotrods, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

Hi there!

I am fairly new to this game and after reading some of the posts I have a couple of questions.

First of all what is a grand slam? I have seen people talk about it on other threads but I'm not sure what it takes to get a grand slam.

2nd I hear people talking about the old days and the two hole targets and today we shoot the three hole targets. What does this mean? From what I understand the old two hole targets were harder?? What is the difference?

Thanks in advance Huntinandhotrods

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

"3-hole" which corresponds to a "#3 hole position" in older traps, represented the possibility a wider throwing angles for hard lefts and hard rights... the "two-hole" is a narrower set of angles... which we shoot today.

Jay

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Grand slam is what Ohio shooters do to anyone going to the GRAND rather than CC.... lol

4. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Huntinandhotrods, a trap Grand Slam consists of 200 straight in singles, 100 straight in doubles and 100 straight from the 27 yard line in handicap--all in registered competition, of course.

5. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

MTA, do those three feats need to be accomplished in the SAME competition? Or could you complete them separately and be considered a Grand Slam shooter?

6. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Most take years to put all three accomplishments together. My friend Doug Trierweiler, for example, is a fine shooter who got his handicap 100 in 2002, but didn't complete his Slam until he shot 100 in Doubles at the 2011 Grand. (Congratulation again, Dougie!)

A few (Phil Kiner comes to mind) have done it in one competition.

7. jhoward

jhoward Member

I believe that it has to be 200 straight in a 200 bird event, not just two consecutive 100 straights.

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Correct jhoward...

9. racer

racer TS Member

I think Phil has done it twice..... Dan

10. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

And Stu Welton has done it once.

Rick in MT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.