1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Country Shoot Downunder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Release Trigger, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Gidday All,

Just a few pics from last weekend two day shoot at Bathurst 125mile west of Sydney, the club is situated on the top side of Mount Panorama car racing circuit (all you car racing fans would have heard of it each October) in the first couple of pics it shows us arriving at the circuit and the view from the top of the mount is breath taking.

Approx 115 shooters turned up for the 2 days, we had Rain, wind, sunburn and more rain, great time just the same.

The main event on the Saturday was 50 targets double barrel (2 shots) the shootoff was stopped at 8.35pm due to bad light with the tally at 320 with 2 shooters left, they decided to split the prize money.

Sunday main event 50 target point score (3 points for kill with 1st shot, 2 points for miss with 1st but kill with 2nd shot and a loss of 3 points if total miss of target, total of 150 points for 50 straight singles) was won with a 149 points as we shot this event in a very heavy downpour.

All told we had 225 targets with approx $6000 in prize money split between 4 classes (AA-A-B-C) with an Over-all winner in each of the 5 events and 1st & 2nd each Class.

In pic No.3 a few of you may recognise the guy in the yellow shirt, ( John Crompton) he has shot in the States quite a bit since 1997, he was fortunate enough to win the Iowa out of State Handicap Champ in 99. with a 98 as well as the Virginia out of state Handicap Champ in 2006 with a 98 after missing his first two out of the hole, he has also won numerous trophies at the Grand, KCTA (where he made the 27yd line) and various other Clubs around your great country, a real tough competitor and an all round good bloke (he was one of the two with the 320 in the Double Barrel).

Enjoy the photo's.

Release Trigger....................

releasetrigger_2008_03037.jpg

releasetrigger_2008_03038.jpg

releasetrigger_2008_03036.jpg

releasetrigger_2008_03034.jpg

releasetrigger_2008_03033.jpg

releasetrigger_2008_03032.jpg

releasetrigger_2008_0303.jpg

releasetrigger_2008_03031.jpg

releasetrigger_2008_030313.jpg

releasetrigger_2008_030312.jpg

releasetrigger_2008_030310.jpg

releasetrigger_2008_03039.jpg

2. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

good to see that the shooters there are too lazy to use the shell bins, i thought that it was only the guys here that leave the cleaning up to someone else. but a great ground and good pics

3. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

!! GO FORD !!

4. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Thats a pretty little club y'all have there.Beautiful scenery too.Have a great day,and Smoke 'em all.

D.P.Reynolds

5. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Gary

Sorry I didn't get to shoot there while in your great country last year.Still don,t miss driving on the wrong side though.

I see Jonny still shooting up a storm and I know first hand how good of a shot you are. Its all good.

Great pics keep then comming we all enjoy them

Have a good one Mate

Don S.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Wow, what a view Gary. Looks like great weather too as we woke up this morning with 2 inches of fresh snow. Also looks like a great trap field. Take care.

Matt

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Beautiful club. Summer down there. The shooters have the same builds as we do up here. Mike.

8. Smokechaser

Smokechaser TS Member

Wonderful looking facility. I was wondering what you could tell me about any American style trap around Perth? Will be there come next fall and it's never too soon to plan on a place to stay near a club. Also, are there shotguns to rent at most clubs? And if not, how much of a problem would a USA citizen have buying a shotgun in Austrailia and then shipping it back to the the states? I think a standard Browning XT new or something in that vein (used) would fit the bill. I never miss the chance to buy another shotgun. Last question: how are the prices compared to what we pay here in the US?

Thanks for answering my questions, and I'm looking forwards to visiting your country very soon. The last time I was in Perth was on R&R from Vietnam in 1968. Let me tell you, it's a long flight from Saigon to Perth inside a C-130.....cya

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great pictures, Thanks. Dave

10. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Being a hunter--trap shooter--car buff it looks like you have it all, "drool". Break-em all because here in the USA they don't give any refunds for the ones that "get away". GRIN--Ross Puls

11. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Smokechaser,

Google www.wacta.net/ that will give you the contacts for all the Trap clubs in Western Australia, I am sure you find something to your liking, I am sure you will be made very welcome.

Guns in general are cheaper than the US, sending back home should not be a problem you will just need to find a dealer that will export it back for you. (someone at the club you shoot at will be able to help you with that) you may find the cost of shooting itself a bit dearer than back home but the price of shells are comparable to the USA.

Don S.
    Yes mate Johnny has been shooting up a storm, remember old Frank Honeyman,(he has his 89th birthday next week) well unfortunately the Cancer is back and the Doc said sorry we cannot do any more, we are trying to organise one last shoot for him but at the moment he is not up to it.

Matt.
    Mate 1st of March just around the corner, you should be good to go around August (Grand time) good luck again mate and will keep you in our prayers.

We are going to a two day shoot in the Country town of Orange, 150 mile west of Sydney weekend of 25th-26th Feb and will take photo's to show all.

Some of you guy's need to post pics of your home clubs, it's interesting to see them especially when a guy cannot sleep, 4.30am here.

Cheers.

Release.............................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.