1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Comment On Leo H.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by phirel, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

A year of so ago Leo watched me shoot two handicap targets and then told me that I was slowing down my gun movement as I approached the bird. He said I should speed up. Not to shoot faster but to keep my barrel movement from slowing down. I remain very impressed that he could pick out a major mistake I was making after watching me shoot two targets.

Pat Ireland

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I don't believe that Leo ever plays "mind games" with anyone. He's just a super nice guy, a great trap shooter, & a great teacher.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

He told me "Slow Down!". I specifically asked him if he sees his bead. He said yes, but he doesn't focus on it.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If you are moving to slow the proper thing for Leo to tell you would be "speed up", on the other hand if you are moving to fast the proper response would be "slow down" ... I have done both usually at the wrong time and paid dearly for it ... I don't think Leo Harrison has to get into anyones head because that happens when you walk up to shoot off against him, I did see him lose a shoot off once though ... Must of had a brain fart, moving to fast or to slow just like happens to me ... (lol)... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

From watching some of these good guys (and my own experience), I do think constant gun speed kills a lot of hcp targets.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Leo was not trying to get into my head. He would not fit.

Pat Ireland

7. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

He is a great guy , the only advise he gave after watching me shoot a couple of targets was make sure I play all the money Thanks LOL

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Ireland humor again. I love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.