1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Class Act

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigdogtx, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

My son and I attended a shooting clinic this past weekend in Hays, Kansas. The clinic was run by Nora and Randy Ross of Kentucky. Most of you who have been around for some time already know these fine folks.

I had only seen Nora shoot at the Missouri Fall Handicap. After seeing her EFFORTLESSLY demolish her birds, I had to find out who she was. After many posted on instructors, hers was the clinic that I wanted to attend. While I have been a bird hunter for many years, this game is about 4 years new. My son, being of very good eye/hand coordination is a pretty decent shot. (I didn't want to screw him up so I figured he needed professional instruction) Anticipation and nervousness had set in and following an 8 hour drive in some pretty bad weather the time had arrived.

She video taped us so she could figure out where we needed help and also where we could see ourselves. (wish I would have had a hat on as the "shiny" spot really showed up. Had it on after that) :D During her instruction she was never condescending and showed a REAL desire to help us improve. Randy was right there assisting her and I think he knows everybody in this game and has shot with most of them. He put on a demonstration in doubles that left me mouth gaping. They just make it look so easy.

I will say that this is the BEST money I have spent in trap shooting to date and look forward to my next clinic. Randy and Nora are really great people and I think I could have talked to them for 2 more weeks just trying to learn what they have forgotten about trap shooting.

If you ever have the chance to get to one of the Ross clinics....GO!!!!! You will not regret the time and knowledge they have.

Jim and A.J. Andrews

2. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

I can second what Jim says. Nora held a clinic at our club a couple of years ago. She really worked hard, and her knowledge and technique for imparting same was great. Very knowledgable person with the skills to impart that knowledge, and I might ad a very personable lady as well. We all enjoyed the class and had a great time with a laugh or two thrown in. Thanks again Nora. - Jim Elliott, Sacramento Trapshooting Club.

3. ned408

ned408 Member

Thanks to both Jim's for the positive remarks. Now...for Jim Andrews, when we go looking for another classy bird dog, you're our man. Next litter of setters you have, we'll expect a phone call. Good luck with your new stock, and we'll see you down the road. Tell A.J. we said hey.
    Randy and Nora Ross

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Pick of litter is yours. Let me know if you want a female or male. Will probably be a Tekoa/Pinehill cross.

It is all still a blur, but it is coming together. As Randy said, "Keep your head in there". Only thing I have to do now is remember all the 400 other things YOU told me. :D

Take care, Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.