1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Christmas Miracle

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shotgunhawk, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunhawk

shotgunhawk TS Member

Hey Guys,
    I know this is primarily a trap shooters site, but I wanted to tell you about a sporting clays shoot that I am holding on November 10th here in south Louisiana.

Its called the Christmas Miracle Shoot. 100 target main event, Lewis classed with 4 classes, 3 places in each class, chicken and sausage gumbo lunch, and snacks & cold drinks. The entry fee is 1 new toy in it's box or package. Thats all, just a toy. There is no cash involved in the shoot at all. When you bring in your toy you will be given a scorecard and you can shoot the main event. We will have placques or trophies for all the winners and are collecting prizes to go along with them.

Now you don't have to stop at 1 toy, we will be happy to accept as many as you wish to bring. All the toys will be distributed to needy kids here in our home parrish of Vermilion by the Parrish Sherrif Mike Couvilon and his deputies.

If you cant make the shoot but would like to contribute a toy, please contact me at the above e-mail and I will be happy to assist you. Thanks for your time and consideration!

Paul Hawk Hawkins
    Manager, GOL Shooting, LLC
    Maurice, LA

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dang ... now that is a shoot with a worthy cause.

I wonder how much airline tickets and such would be to shoot this fantastic event.

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Bah Humbug!

4. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

I'm in for a toy. You've got mail!

Luvn

5. shotgunhawk

shotgunhawk TS Member

Thanks so much for the responses so far!!!!!

As for "Bah Humbug"..... That's fine, but Christmas is for "kids" of all ages, and this particular one is for the children who without the event won't have one. So a huge THANK YOU to all that have replied, Merry Christmas, and may God bless you.

Hawk

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya know ... since it is for the children and it is a Christmas event I would be more than happy to accept any donations from all kind people to help pay my airfare and expenses to attend this fantastic event. I promise I will not fly first class and I will not rent a luxury car either. I will also pay for my own room and board in Nawleens but ... well ... and I will also promise to use all extra funds to purchase as many as possible toys for the children.

Yeah I know ... help me get to this great event or send toys directly to Hawk but ya gotta give me at least a little something for the effort and thought ... oh yeah I will even pay for my own ammunition. ;-)))

Just thought I would try ...

7. shotgunhawk

shotgunhawk TS Member

Hey Lumper,
    If you make it down, I promise to throw a bunch of trap shots to make you feel at home!

Hawk

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

Nah ... no need to do that at all. I shot a solid 97 last night and only used 4 boxes of shells. I just wonder what the score would have been if I had been using those boxes of 25 shells instead of the boxes of 20's that Dicks sells.

9. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Hawk.....I meant no disrespect! If its for the kids, I'm all for it......I was just funning!

10. shotgunhawk

shotgunhawk TS Member

Hey Hipshot,
    That's fine, I appreciate it, and I probably have a hair trigger when it comes to kids. A long story.... But I do appreciate you responding. This event is getting a fantastic response. Other clubs down here are putting out collection boxes and people are sending gift cards. I think it's going to be a great day!

Thanks,
    Hawk

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya know ... it would be a great day if you had some of the local press and media there to cover the event along with Santa Claus shooting as well for the camera's.

I wonder if the ATA or any other shooting sports organizations might possibly have some press connections to get some coverage. Maybe even ESPN or The Wide World of Sports ... yeah ... well ... I also still believe in Santa Claus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.