1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Challenge to BIGDON

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by phirel, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

Don- I am just a little tired of you beating me by a couple of targets in every event when we shoot at Silver Dollar. This year I have confidence. I propose we bet 25 cents on each event at the Dixie Grand. I will decide how many targets you have to spot me very soon after the event is over. Are you up to the challenge? If for some reason you can't make it to the Dixie Grand, you would not have to spot me any birds.

Pat Ireland

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Get the pop corn and beverages, this should be good! lol

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Pat I have checked my financial resources and I am willing to wager 25 cents per event. Now as to your handicaping the event after it is over is something that we may have to discuss further, as your purple firearm gives you a unfair advantage and style points.

By the way I got my Dixie program today and did they change the format for thurs and fri??

Yes I will be there and I am stopping at Gainsville on the way down and shooting their program (chain shoot).

Don

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

OK Jerry you are in but no adjusting scores after the event like Pat. You are a handful from the start.

Hey Bill how much snow do you have?? I was talking to someone from Calumet the other day and they said it had been snowing for 2 or 3 days straight.

Don

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Bill evidently had too much beverage in anticipation and is not up yet. Maybe out shoveling hard rain.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerry- Of course you are welcome to join any activity I organize. Pay no attention to the minor adjustments I must make to the scores to determine the winner. Once you see how I will do that, it will become clear for the rest of the shoot.

Don- Based on my memory (you know what that means) the format for Thur. and Fri. at the Dixie is the same as it has been for the last few years. It gives us a total of 500 singles and doubles and 600 handicap for the shoot.

Pat Ireland

7. BILL GRILL

Don, No snow here in the great white north yet. Had a few flurries but rain and 42 the last 2 days.

Bob, I am out every week day driving bus by 6:30 just got back to work now. Bill

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Bigdon, beware of premature calculation...

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

LMAO@Devi!!!!

10. BILL GRILL

Devi, That was pretty cute! LOL

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

You think of all kinds of things to say when you are the only female in the whole engineering department.

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerry- You just made one of my weaknesses public. Yes, a quart of strawberries will keep me on the bench while my squad is shooting. That is what make up traps are for.

I always shoot the Dixie and Southern Grands at Silver Dollar. I enjoy visiting with my friends like you and Don, but the largest strawberry production area in the world (Plant City) is rather close to Silver Dollar. I also know where the very best lemon and orange trees are at the club. I will walk through the fire ants to get to a good lemon tree.

Pat Ireland

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

20 degrees and snowing. Strawberries a little out of season and I'm working on the calculation thing. Come on Florida, a little over a month away.

Don

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Brrrr! 20 degrees&snowing?? Hard to work up a sweat on calculation thingies under those circumstances! Make sure your barrel is loaded with good hard lead and prevent those premature discharges and you'll take Pat's quarters down south! BUT, gettin him to turn loose of a quarter for a shootin wager is akin to He!!,MI freezin over too? Good luck buddy! :)

Hap

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

Yes Hap, I am quite fond of my quarters. I am sure you know what the phrase "no quarter given" means.

Pat Ireland

16. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

New kid on the block. I'll be there to make sure it is a fair shoot. LOL

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Jerry I thought last year was suppose to be a fluke. This is starting out as a repeat. Let's hope it changes as I'm hoping to get there by the 12th or 13th. I am stopping by Gainsville are you going to get up to that chain shoot??

Heat wave today 29*.

Don

18. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I read the dixie grand rule bokk last night.. it says in plain english..no gambling..lol

19. phirel

phirel TS Member

blkcloud- I made it very clear that I was to determine how many birds Don spots me after we have shot the event. This is not a gamble, trust me.

Don- I will drive through Gainesville but will not be able to stop and shoot any of the Chain shoot. If it happens to get a little cool, just up the road in Starke, they have a special chair that will warm you up.

Pat Ireland

20. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Pat did you really get snow out there?

Rick in Mt.