1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

** A case of crabs for Christmas! **

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bob Schultz, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

About a week ago I asked my wife of 35 years what she wanted for Christmas. We have gotten to the point where it's hard to suprise each other any more... She said how about we go out and get a real nice lobster or crab dinner?

I thought this was a pretty good idea as we both love seafood. Then I had a real brainstorm...why not get some real Alaskan King crablegs and fix Janet a feast at home.

I called the folks at Kasilof's seafood in AK and had some King crab legs sent down. Now folks I'm telling you it does not get any better than this! The manager there is a trapshooter and will take real good care of you. I cooked (heated) up the already cooked crab legs and what a treat. I could only eat one leg! It had to weigh in at a pound! Sweet and tender as it could be. Not only a great meal I got some serious brownie points as well and suprised my wife!

Might be an idea for you and yours for New Years or that special occaision.

The link to their website is above, but I called the 800 number and ordered over the phone.

Happy New Year to all!

Bob Schultz

2. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I had a case of the crabs one Christmas.

BB

3. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

You got the crabs from OTNOT ?

Jim's a good guy :)

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Ever try sweet, succulent, Oregon Dungeness Crab? I believe it is the best tasting and eating crab there is.

5. otnot

otnot Active Member

Bob I'm glad you enjoyed the King Crab. When I was a kid we would go to Homer this time of year and buy them from the fishermen for $5 each and come home and build a fire in the yard and boil them then throw them in the snow to cool. Then eat until you couldn't eat anymore. Hope to meet you one day.

Jim

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Seafood for Christmas is a great idea. My family and I dined on fresh blue point oysters on the half shell, Cajun shrimp stew, steamed king crabs and all the trappins…. Yum, Yum!

Guy Babin

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

---Merry x-mas---really misss a good 3 lb Maine lobster

Lou

8. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

BBBBUUUUURRRRRRRPPPPP!!!!!!!!

9. C-Money

C-Money Member

I like all crab. But I must say Washington Dungeness is my favorite. I'm sure Oregon Dungies taste just as good! I just had some Dungies yesterday! That sounds like a great Christmas presant!

10. Bob Schultz

Penicillin won't help crabs .... butter and salt for the King variety.

Bob

11. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Hot dawg!! I just ordered some crab pieces, shrimp and scallops to come the first of next week. Yummmmmmmmmm. I will be celebrating 2009 in style! (just a little late!)

Thanks to Bob for the heads up and thanks to Otnot for the chat!!!

Luvn(some crablegs)bearhugs1

12. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Be nice if they were in Stock !!! Jeff

13. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Well they have some crabs, just not the big ones. But I don't care if they are pretty. I ordered the pieces. They will fit into my freezer easier!

14. otnot

otnot Active Member

Sorry bigbore, but we will have them back in stock next week. Christmas sales wiped out our inventory.

Jim

15. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Well folks, I got my crabs yesterday and let me tell you, if you want some good Alaskan King Crablegs, check out www.kasilofseafoods.com.

They were heavenly!!!

Thanks Otnot!

Luvn

16. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

ok guys drool over this. Had a nice 3 3/4 pound ,lobster the other night right from the local grocery store. price 9 bucks a pound. wow was it good. no butter it kills the flavor. Put about 2 inches of water in a big pot and about a tablespoon of old bay. boil the waster and throw in the lobster for about 7 minutes for the first pound and 3 minutes for each added pound. dinner was great. Also costco around here has dungness crab in the spring and summer for 3.50 a pound. great eating. Happy holidays motordoc

17. Bob Schultz

If you ever get the urge to cook live Maine lobster...yes, you can get them shipped to you. I worked at a fancy restaurant in my teens and the chef there used to cook them like this:

Get a large flat pan about 4 - 5 inches deep (Like a turkey pan.) and fill it 1/2 way with water.

Pour in 2 quarts of the cheapest white (or any other color) wine you can get.

Drop the lobster(s) in the pan and wait.

In about 5 minutes you will have the drunkest lobsters in town!

When you drop them into boiling water they are so relaxed they don't even know they are being cooked and the meat stays nice and tender. I guess it sort of anesthetises them.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.