1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A/C Joint shoulder surgery

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Keith Uffelmann, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Uffelmann

Keith Uffelmann Member

Is the A/C surgery for a separated shoulder? I suffered a third degree separation in 1988. That is when all of the tendons which hold the collar bone to the shoulder are torn.

Two different orthopods said don't cut on it. The first one said he could do surgery, but wouldn't expect it to be much better than without the surgery. I did not have anything done. I'm right handed and it was my right shoulder. It took me six months before I could sleep on it. There were a few things that I could not do for a while. It DOES NOT affect my shooting. Have shot many 500 target days and one 1000 double marathon. I will be 67 next week.

Your situation might be different. I would suggest, at least, a second opinion.

2. old tex

old tex TS Member

Took me a year to shoot again but now it is as good as new.(3 years)

I also had bone spurs which cut rotator cuff and almost severed biceps tendon.

Reattaching the tendon was the slowest part to recover from and wasn't detected by MRI.

unc

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Had the same Surgery two years ago but waited to long before having it done . Took three weeks and back to shooting alittle practice used very lite loads . I found 25 targets were alot at first but very good rehab . ( my arm was real tired) Shot 50 targets one day and 100 the next .

Good luck ALF

4. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Ducks, I had a subacromial impingement surgery done on my right shoulder in July of 06,,,sorry dude but it was 10 months of pain and rehab,, Now the left one is starting the same sh**,, Try therapy first,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.