1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Bolt 22mag

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by aabradley82, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

Does anyone have experience with one of these? Found one at my local gunshop and liked it. Might be going back later today to work out a trade for it.

Andrew

2. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

I have looked at them one thing to make sure that the Magazine is in good working order if they are as hard to find as the 22 LR you could be in for a long hunt.

Cabela's had a LR two years ago marked way down as they didn't have a Mag for it they were not easy to find so I didn't purchase it for that reason.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have never be impressed with the A Bolt rifle in any cal. There are alot better rifles in 22 mag out there and all you have to do is look for them.

I would like to have a Anschutz bolt action in a number of cal but the older rifles. I do have a H+K 300 in 22 mag but have yet to shoot it on the range. It has the best wood that I have ever seen on a H+K 300.

4. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

Went ahead and traded for it. Stuck a 4-12 Charles Daly on it. Shoots OK, not great, but didn't play with bullets. Should be minute of groundhog or yote to 100-150.

Andrew

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

At least theres tons of different brands and bullet style/weights to play with...I'm sure you'll find a ringer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.