1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Boldfaced Lie to my Wife

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by joe kuhn, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

The litany started Thurs night. "Thanks for mowing the lawn boys (not)...and I want that washer and dryer moved down to the basement and ceiling fans..."

When she took a breath I told her the neighbor was going to mow the lawn for us on Saturday. Really? Yeah. He asked me to mow his when he's gone this summer and asked what he could do in return. I suggested he mow ours right now.

It got the reaction I was after. She calmed down enough to make it thru to the next morning and go to visit her sister in WI for the weekend. And I got the time I needed to get the mowing done. Just finished and it's dark out. Hit some big hunk of wood but I made sure I overlapped plenty. Didn't want to have to complain about the neighbor doing a poor job of it.

She probably already talked to the neighbor's wife and found out the truth, but she's out of town and I'm watching the kids, giving up my Sat am shooting. What's she's going to say?

Then I played my ace. "There's a money shoot tomorrow, can you come home first thing..." Not that I'm assured of winning anything, but she just found out you can win money at ATA events - after the ex-neighbor won quite alot at the US Open...

Took the foster dog in to meet it's new owner (I grew up on the farm where dogs lived outside) and caught Tom Knapp at Elmhurst on the way home. Anybody want to bet on 3 for 3; that I make it to the ATA shoot on the morrow?

I'm feeling lucky.

Joe

2. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.....How was Tom Knapp. I've always wanted to see him.

Steve

3. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Tom Knapp was great. Johnny and I watched every minute. He's in Elmhurst again tomorrow if you're nearby. I liked his behind the back shot at a hand thrown target. Johhny wanted a signed hat, but we couldn't manage it. Maybe his website sells them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.