1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A bit more of Downunder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Release Trigger, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Gidday from Downunder,

Aussie Dan posted some photo's a couple of weeks ago regarding Gun clubs Downunder, this is Sydney/Marconi Clay Target Club 40 Kilo's (25 MILE) South from Sydney CBD.

7 x DTL Layouts, 2 x Skeet, 1 x Bunker Layout, approx combined 400 members, First Class sporting next door (3 layouts).
    Competition started at 10.30am and finishes approx 4 pm.

Standard Sunday shoot, approx 40 shooters, Todays Program-20 targets Double Barrel Eye Opener (Cash Divide) 75 Target Mixed Championship (25 Double Barrel, 25 Singles, 25 Points)15 x Pair doubles.

Entry fee $60.00, Cash prizes (40% of all entry money paid back to shooters)
    4 Classes AA-A-B-C.

Approx 75-80 Degrees with scattered showers and overcast conditions.

Lots of practice/target only shooters on 2 layouts coming and going all day.

You will notice no Gun Racks in the Clubhouse, we have to keep our guns locked in our cars between events.

Release Trigger...................Downunder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

How hard is it to toss your empties into those little PVC pipes?

3. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Jack/MIA,

I assume you are saying that with tongue in cheek, empties go in the black plastic bins behind the shooters, the Green pipes are our Voice calls, we have moveable Voice calls for Handicap.

Screw on PVC Caps at the end of the day after shooting 16's is all it takes to pack up the Voice calls, all the cables are in PVC underground.

Mate, nothing like Minnesota here (nearly like summer all year round, no snow or ice) shorts all year round.

Release Trigger.................

4. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Jack/MIA.

If you happen to run into Scott Messenger, tell him the Big Fella from Downunder said Gidday Mate.

Also his good Buddy, Don Snider another good bloke from minasotee, good shots and good blokes.

Release.........................

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I do, and I will. I think Scott is in CA visiting his son and Don just got off the train and we talked some ducks.

Yah-ah on the PVC pipes.

But you guys appear to be having a "jolly good time" except the guy airing out his screw you finger.

Wait now... Is "jolly good time" Aussie or Brit?

6. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

hey i see my son in the scorers chair i think. is that pic taken on the marconi 100?

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Release, I noticed the physical dimensions for most shooters is the same world wide. lol

8. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Hi Garry,
    I have just talked to my travel companion Fraser Roberts and we will see you at Sydney CTC next Sunday at 1030 to shoot a few and talk plenty of crap!!

Nice looking club by the way, looking forward to seeing it for the first time next week!!!

9. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Also, some great shots of My old mate John C. And how did you go? I can't quite read the scoreboard!!!!

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Nice club. Do you serve Fosters? How is "Down the line" played or shot? I think I may pack my gear and spent the winter Down Under.....

11. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Really nice to see these pictures guys, I mean blokes, gidday mates!

12. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I also noticed the guy showing off either his IQ or his sperm count? LOL

13. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Mia. "Jolly good time" Thats them Pommy Bastards (LOL), Tell Don I will share a Michelob with him next visit.

Skeeter1956. Marconi 100 is Sunday 19th February, who is your son ?

Likestoshoot. Trapshooters are built mostly the same the World over.(good centre of gravity)

Aussie Dan. Look forward to seeing you and Fraser on Sunday.

WJF100ST. Guns are legal as long as shooter is fully licensed to have it.

Auctioneer. The big guy with the protruding finger has a sperm count and an IQ. much lower than the number signified by his single digit.
    Typical Trapshooter though No brains but a good shot and a good bloke just the same.

Shotgun410ga. You would be more than welcome to come and shoot with us any time, sorry no Fosters at the Gun club (our 30 year lease does not allow any alcohol on the ground) but at my Man Cave thats a different story.

You will notice we all shoot Under/overs down here, mostly Double Barrel shooting (two shoots at most targets) if any club was to put on 100 singles the attendance would not be good.

Myself and the guy in the Red shirt and the Single digit fella have been members of the ATA for 16-15 and 14 years respectively, would much rather shoot ATA but so far have not been able to convince the rest of our nation of Trapshooters to do the same.

Release Trigger..........Gary Kennerson 96-05145

14. Kemen053

Kemen053 Member

thats a dynamic duo in the fourth picture Gaz,nice selection of Boito's though.Regards Ross

15. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Ross.

They go by the names Phillip and Terrence (of Southpark fame) are you going to Wagga-Wagga, Bathurst, Marconi 100 or Orange if so we will see you at all four of them.

Gaz..........

16. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

We've got our state championships here in Tassie this weekend...I'll take some pics and post them if our american mates want?

17. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

release trigger , my son is chris barber from cecil park club. cheers des [ townsville gun club]

18. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Looks like you are shooting DTL, 6 on a squad, change posts after each shot (like Olympic?)

Interesting. Here in South Africa, DTL is shot 5 on a squad, shoot 5 targets on a post, then change posts, like ATA.

19. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

682 Adam:

For what its worth, I enjoy the photos and information shared by everyone from downunder. Please continue.

sissy

20. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Does the bunker get much use?

-Voolfie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.