1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A. B. May has died.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Guard Rail, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

Jan 3, 2009
    This is supposed to be a celebration of his life,not a crying marathon. This is the way he would have wanted it. Every young nimrod at SPGC had to come into contact with A.B.; I was no exception. He never looked down on anybody, and he never ran out of B.S. stories. He defended his country on D-day, but he never bragged about it. Services will be held at Resthaven @ 1:00 P.M.
  2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I didn't know the man, but my condolences to his family and may he rest in peace.

He could have been one of these brave men.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2006
    A.B. was born on August 31, 1919 in Eastland to the late Dovie Havens and Charlie Preston May. He served in the United States Army Air Corps from January 1942 to July 1945. A.B. married the love of his life, Doris Morton, in 1943. They celebrated 65 years of marriage on August 14, 2008. Together they owned and operated a service station in Crosbyton. A.B. later owned an auto parts store and a Ford dealership in Crosbyton, and then later owned Plains Furniture Store in Lubbock.

Trained as an expert marksman, A.B. was an avid hunter and fisherman. He won numerous prizes as a trap shooter. He enjoyed loading his own shells and spent numerous happy hours in his garage workshop, tempting fate by smoking near his explosive supplies.

A.B.'s true joy in life was his family. He was a devoted and infinitely loving husband, father, and grandfather. Celebrating his memories are his wife, Doris May; daughter, Theresa May and husband Juan Miranda; a son, Van May and wife Cindy; three grandchildren, Veronica May McCuin and husband John McCuin, Valerie May, and Kate Miranda; and one great-grandchild, Van William McCuin.

He was preceded in death by a sister, Ettie Lee Williams; two brothers, Ernest May and Gorham Preston May; and a granddaughter, Courtney Dobbins.

In lieu of flowers, the family has requested that memorials be made to Hospice of Lubbock, 1102 Slide Road Suite 3, Lubbock, TX 79416.

Please join us in celebrating A.B.'s life by visiting his memorial at www.mem.com.
  4. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Sounds like a heck of a guy. I wish I had known him. Condolences to his family.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.