1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

a 5 year old and two 4 years olds kill 3 people

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Certainly these type of events will be pointed to time and time again.

Wont they?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gene we all know you are not real bright but can you not figure out David's posting rules? You wonder why they have moved all your threads?

Besides, what's your infatuation with the child crimes? You a pedophile?

3. 548

548 Guest

Carelessness of the parents. Nothing more, nothing less.

Five year olds should be learning to read, not learning to shoot; plenty of time for that when they're 10 and they are more easily able to understand the dangers.

4. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

Very sad......

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Chesty just loves posting when kids die. Thinks it helps further his beloved President's gun control agenda. Typical lawyer.

-Gary

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Dang,,,,,,I agree with 548,,,,,,,better get that lotto ticket for the world is about to end.......

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I think it is a great idea to give a five year old a gun, and allow access to it. Then on top of it leave it loaded, or the ammo right there with the gun, while you go outside for a smoke.

Hardly an accident. I know it is Kentucky but come on, the ignorance has to stop. Shootings are not accidents.

This subject is shooting related, correct?

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sure, shooting related. Lets scour the Interweb for any freak'n story we want and post in the shooting section of the trap forum. Brilliant I tell ya.

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Maybe they should have bought the kid a shotgun.

10. Avatar

Tragic, anyway you look at it.

11. No Luck

No Luck TS Member

I have to agree with grntitan. Although tragic I enjoy this site for trapshooting
    info not seeing every news event gene thinks should be posted in a shooting
    section. And yes it is " shooting " topic
    but not one that belongs in the shooting threads.

12. g7777777

Grntrainforbrains--- You must be one of the least informed people on the planet?

I hardly "scour" the internet for anything--- it is on the front page of Fox news and CNN news both

You have heard of those havent you? Fox and CNN?

Well guess what- even if you havent-- nearly every other American has and the news does affect what Americans want for policy

I would get my head out of the sand if you are a gun owner and quit posting the tin foil baying at the moon stuff like Obama isnt President and that Homeland Security is buying tanks and ammo to use against the American people and rather pay attention to what is front page on Fox and CNN

Regards from Iowa

Gene

13. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Chicago had 20 people people shot yesterday... may as well add that into the mix...

Illinois is firearm friendly and pro-choice... in Chicago, the handgun is the firearm of choice by more gang-bangers, 10-1...

14. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Parents/ adults that leave children near loaded or unloaded firearms have their heads up their ass. The parent needs to be charged criminaly, and yes antigun groups have yet another tragic incident to blame on guns. Once again leaving the incompetence or ignorance of adults out of the equation,in order to further an antigun agenda.

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Well guess what- even if you havent-- nearly every other American has and the news does affect what Americans want for policy"

Now that is a scary thought. If the Lamestream media is affecting what Americans want. Then maybe we should have a bill filed to ban the news media!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Age of the child has little to do with it. It's their maturity level and how much self-responsibility they have.

I know some five year olds who are quite responsible with firearms.

I know grown men who are too irresponsible to ever own a gun.

And some grown men are too irresponsible to even post in the proper section.

I've been on friend's farms and ranches while their young children carried firearms. Even a loaded Ruger Bearcat handgun. I had no qualms at all about them being armed. They were courteous, respectful and responsible.

On the other hand, my son did not show good judgment until he was around 10. When he turned 11 he wanted to shoot guns. I told him he had to pass a hunters safety course first. Despite a reading disability, he not only passed the class, but he scored higher than anyone else in the class, including the adults. His firearms handling has been exemplary. We started shooting and hunting together after he passed the class, which coincided with his 12th birthday. Even so, his firearms were under close supervision.

The issue is not age, and trying to set an age shows some incompetent thinking. For example, legislating an age of, say, 10, does not make an irresponsible 9 year old suddenly become responsible at their birthday party. On the other hand, why should a responsible 7 year old have to wait three more years because there are irresponsible children?

This is just more of the zero-tolerance, one size fits all, cookie cutter approach to children so prevalent now.

17. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Brian, I would agree that there are many adults that should not have access to firearms or sharp objects for that matter. But a child of 5 left alone with a firearm, I'm sorry that is simple stupidity on the adults part. Children don't understand danger and harm at that age.

18. Brian in Oregon

Bruce, the children you know from personal experience may not, but from personal experience I do know some who are responsible enough. If you want to argue they are in the minority or an exception, I'll agree. But that does not change the fact that there are some children who are indeed mature enough at that age.

19. g7777777

Brian- your contention that you know mature 5 year olds is without science or reason

There is no 5 year old in the world that is mature enough to have a firearm and ammunition unsupervised.

Nor is there a 5 year old in the world that is mature enough to be left alone with guns and ammunition

Regards from Iowa

Gene

20. Brian in Oregon

Get back to us Gene when you are mature and responsible enough to post in the proper section without a moderator having to step in and move your posts for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.