1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A-5 Failure To Eject

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wahoo, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

My Belgian Browning A-5 refuses to eject when using either factory or reloads. Any knowlegeable suggestions as to where to start looking would be greatly appreciated.

2. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Light 12 or Magnum 12? Are the rings set properly on the magazine tube?

3. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Wahoo, if all is found to be correctly set, I would check your chamber for rust or crud. I had trouble with a Browning Double Auto ejecting empties. I bought a cleaning rod that would work in my drill. I used a chamber brush and JB bore paste to polish the rough chamber. It solved my issue with that particular gun.
    Doug Allison

4. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

Thanks for the post. this A-5 is the usual field grade. I will try your suggestion as I already have J-B on hand. The ring is in the proper position and I don't see any signs of rust in the chamber but one can never tell so I'll get the J-B out and try that.

5. skipsor

skipsor Member

Is the magazine tube very lightly oiled? This will help a lot with the ejection problem.

The question was asked if your gun was a Light 12 or a Magnum 12 and your reply was that it is a field grade gun. Both the Light and Magnum's came in field grade. The Magnum, which is a 3 inch gun, can be a bit unreliable when you fire 2 3/4 inch ammunition. If it is a light 12 then any factory load should be powerful enough to eject the empty hull

Look on the left side of the receiver and it will be marked Light or Magnum. Also check the barrel to see if it is stamped 2 3/4 or 3 inch.

If none of these things work take it to a gunsmith who is familiar with the A5. It could also be something as simple as a good cleaning.

These are very reliable, well built guns and they will take a beating and keep on ticking.

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

A little oil on the mag tube will help a lot. Also remember,you need to be like a brick wall behind this gun. Many small stature men, women and kids have problems.

7. copper

copper Member

have you replaced the forend a lot of the replacements are a shade to long and cause a ejection problem I was told

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I would have to agree about the rings. A guy at the club had the same problem and we adjusted the rings and that took care of the problem. Also make sure the rings are not upside down.

9. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I shoot several A5's, when the ejection gets bad I add a little oil to mag tube that

or my light reloads are a little to weak for the gun then I reach for the heavier loads that I keep around to shoot the first shot on doubles

For trap, that ability to set the gun up to not eject, makes it neighbor friendly, lets you save your shells, and in efect lets you have a recoil system "only on the front end"

Al Lingham

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.