Trapshooters Forum banner

A-5 DU 50th value?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JACK 
#1 ·
How much are the Ducks Unlimited A-5 going for from 1987?? no case looks like its nonfired??

#3 ·
Racer. I am not a buyer and therefore not an authority, but my guess is about $1500. It was, and this gun you are looking is a very attractive gun. But traditionally, DU guns have interest, but no big values.

#5 ·
If it's a 12 gauge new in box with all paperwork never fired blemish free probably worth $2750! If your missing the box and looks like new condition maybe $1200 max you could expect to get paid about $1000 if your willing to sell it. However if you were to sell it I would do so by online auction to try to get the best price. Gander,cabelas,basspro, would offer your probably $900 in pristine condition. Most of the 50th du dinner/banquet guns were fired by their owners. This is why the value is so low. If you had the paperwork and box and the right collector comes around it would be worth the $2750 but these cases are extremely rare. Any other questions you can pm me. Have a nice day

#7 ·
These are nice guns, but shot or not, the DU markings mean little.

Wood is everything. (and "as new" blueing).

I was a DU Zone chairman for 15 years. Seldom was a box saved. They were normally thrown under the table, and the high bidder walked around or sat at his table with his trophy all night, except for one guy I know who has over 25 banquet guns, all with original boxes.

The Browning A5, engraved "Sweet Sixteen" was easily the most beautiful DU gun ever made

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.