1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

99 and 98 yardage at Kentucky

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686beretta, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Does anybody know how much yardage the 99's and 98's got on Sunday's Handicap? Did 99 get a 1 1/2 and 98 get 1 yard? Thanks everybody!

2. Chipshot

Chipshot TS Member

The ATA rule book I have says that a 98 or 99 would earn at least 1 yard unless they would earn more by placing high enough in the event if the event had enough entries to earn yardage. A winning score with 250-499 entries earns 1-1/2 yard and second place earns 1 yard.

Bob Mizner
    ATA Life Member 9801608

3. debateableone

debateableone TS Member

Let's see after that they are on the 21 1/2, 22, and 22 1/2 yard line!
    How do they do it!!!! We will see them all at the Fall Handicap, and some other shoots, maybe the grand this year..............
    But thats Debateable

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

debateable:

If you only knew what you was talking about did you take a look at a some of the 99,98's that was on the 25 and 27 yard line.

There was a few of the short yardage guys that had just started shooting registered this year and even some S.J. and JR shooters even I know some of the top scores didn't even play any money so why would they be excited to go to the fall handicap.

Maybe it was jsut their day to win.

Foghorn

5. debateableone

debateableone TS Member

Jennings Vanover Handicap Championship Sunday
    ATA (KY) Trophies 449 -Shooters $1500 Added Money July 8, 2007
    Class ATA # Name YRDG Score
    Champ 03 10776 STAMPER CORY D (J) (25/25)
    Lets see he was what yardage??

Score
    2007 KENTUCKY STATE SHOOT Friday
    KY State Trophies Kentucky Hall-Of-Fame Handicap

Champion SIMPSON TIMOTHY N 20 100

Sandbagger Handicap Friday
    OPEN Trophies 370-Shooters $1000 Added Money July 6, 2007
    Champion 86 02520
    COTHERN BOBBY 22 100

Fog, I am sure there are some fine shooters, and yes I know they have a few longer than 20 yards. But just look at all the fine talent on the 20 yard line.
    I am sure due to weather and altitude, and other fine conditons you break a 100 from the 27 down there also.
    This is from the scores of the shoot......

http://www.shootata.com/pdfs/2007_KY_results.pdf
    See for yourself.

That isn't so Debateable!!

6. debateableone

debateableone TS Member

Have you heard this year at the Missouri Fall Handicap the calcutta is to be paid on the yardage breaks, not the entire pot. So the break down will be
    18-22 yards, 23 - 25 yards and 26-27 yards will pay out as a percentage of the purse. If 10 of you are on the 18-22 yardage you will play for that part of the Calcutta. IF you want to shoot for the larger portion you will have to shoot where the highest percentage of participants are listed and play the calcutta. I think in the ATA book some of the mid and long yardages have the most participants. It will be fun to see!!
    But as always its Debateable

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok out of the Handicap championship event they paid 10 places with trophies and some added money and the top score was a JR shooter (20) yard,then 4th place was a sub JR (19.5) yard, both with 99's also there was a Vet (19.5) yard, in the top 10 and 4 - 27 yard shooters and 1 - 25 yard shooter that won 5 spots of the 10 so it looks like to me the long yardage guys won just as much as the short yardage did.

As far as the 100's on the other 2 earlier handicaps the weather was perfect and if there was no 100's then I would had been really disappointed because the 27 yarders was breaking 97's and 98's also some of the 100's didn't play the money.

Like you probably figured.

Foggy

8. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

It seems there have been a lot of JR shooters winning the big handicaps this year. Maybe it's no more than usual, but for some reason has caught my attention this year. Every month in Trap and Field there are some juniors winning their state HCP or placing high at the satelites. I think it's great!!!

9. swamp rat

swamp rat TS Member

Let see you start at short yardage an you earn yardage when you break a good score thats the way the game is played. The jr that won the KY state shoot did not play any options he wasnt shooting for money he just showed up and shot because he likes the game and was the best shot there that day. Some folks just hate to get beat by a KY short yardage shooter. But everyone starts this game from short yardage. Most of the shooters in KY started shooting an hunting at a very young age. By doing this they learned to handle and shoot firearms with percision that is one of the biggest reasons why KY shooter are good at it, no matter were they stand. So keep this in mind. If you cant run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch. GO CATS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.