1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

97 year old Model 12 tested. (retested)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Doug Brown, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I saw a 32" barrel 97 with a modified choke Tuesday ???

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Boy, that's some pattern there, C.E! How big is that pattern-circle, anyway? Is it 30 or 40 inches in diameter, or some other size?

Neil

3. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I saw a 32" barrel 97 with a modified choke Tuesday ???

4. Neil Winston

Boy, that's some pattern there, C.E! How big is that pattern-circle, anyway? Is it 30 or 40 inches in diameter, or some other size?

Neil

5. Neil Winston

I don't understand "I didn't measure it, but measured the whole steel plate diameter once as 57".

Is this plate a sub-section of a larger one? Or is it 57 inches in diameter too?

It's pretty important since you may be in the running with Doctor Longshot and Icelander22. If you don't know how big it is, when you get a chance could you check next time you are there? Those of us who keep the record books about things like this strive for accuracy.

Thanks,

Neil

PS If it's a long way away, just an estimate will be fine. Surely you can recall if it was less than three feet - say 30 inches. Or about three feet or about four feet or bigger or smaller.

6. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

If the outer plate measures 57", one could estimate the "inner plate" by simply making a measurement of the outer plate and extrapolate (estimate) the inner. I estimate the "inner plate" to be 40-43" in diameter. Will be interesting to see how close that is to the actual measurement.

JMHO

Jim C

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

This pattern displays the "strings and clumps" typical of most of the patterns I have ever shot. I don't know why but the pellets seem to arrive on the two dimensional pattern plate as visible strings, sometimes dead straight and sometimes wavy, or localized clumps of shot. I've never shot a pattern that didn't have holes in it. Some of these same patterns break clays at 90 yards with enough consistency to make me wonder if a two dimensional pattern is more of a visual fraud than a revelation of what is really taking place with that shot charge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.