1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

95 Year old man - Killed at Medical Facility

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 9point3, Aug 5, 2013.

1. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

A disgrace!

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Cops have tasered a 8 year old. Now bean bagged a 95 year old. What with these damn cops? To scared to walk up to a kid or an old man? WIMPS.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

In some cases,,,,,militarized........

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Cook County...........they are afraid to go on the South Side but needed to satisfy the urge..............

I smell a lawsuit if there are any relatives.

HM

5. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I can't say exactly what happened in this case, however as someone much wiser than I once said there is always at least two side to the river. There was a story here in Fla. a few years ago where the police were called into an elementary school and tasered a very young kid. The liberal media had a field day of course. What they failed to mention was the very troubled young kid after causing all kinds of havoc was holding a box cutter type of implement up to his own throat ( juggler vein ) threatening to kill himself. I believe the officer in charge who had a mili-second to react probably saved the you boys life. But as with the Travon type media frenzy they somehow left out that small detail?

6. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

There are several other articles on this that give more details. Apparently, he did more than just pick up the 12" knife.

The cops would likely have been legally justified in shooting him, assuming he did do more that this article says (yeah, I know, many of you don't agree with that and think they should have wrestled the knife away) but, instead, they chose to use what is considered non-lethal force.

Unfortunately, the man died.

Whether you agree or not, cops are trained to use deadly force (that means shooting the person) when they are threatened with a knife rather than trying to wrestle the knife away from the person (assuming that those are the ONLY choices-certainly, if the cop can disengage and step back out of danger, that is a good tactic, but I am talking about a situation where the bad guy is trying to or threatening to cut or stab the officer and has the apparent ability to do so).

Many of you have probably seen the old, late-80s video showing how a man with a knife, standing about 21 feet away from an officer with his gun holstered and hand on his gun, can reach and stab the officer before the officer can draw and fire.

Most of the so-called "bullet-proof" vests are not stab resistant, btw.

There's lots more to this stuff about knives versus guns, and when going to the gun is right and legally right, but, in this case, none of that really applies.

The cops tried to use non-lethal force and it worked. If the guy had lived, the cops would have been right.

But, sometimes things go down the tubes and everyone gets the chance to second-guess the officers.

Bob

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

About 10 years or more a fellow in his 40`s I knew was driving on the Garden State Parkway here in NJ when his car caught fire and he pulled off the road . The police were there also but he got up front into the cops face wanting them to immediately stop the fire . He was a real wacko most of the time . The cops hit him with spray - mace or pepper ?- that put him to the ground . Unfortunately he started vomiting and later chocked from his own vomit and died at the scene . Don`t know what become of that situation with the cops but they probably acted accordingly . I was later informed that the person should not be on their back but to turn them over with their face down or to the side . I don`t know what went wrong here ??

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

A 40 year old can be a threat. A 95 year old? I think the cops could have just walked up to him and took him in custody. Wheres the common sense here?

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

should have just kicked his cane away from him and he would have fell over.....

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

In my home town as a kid, to be a cop one had to be at least 6' tall to be considered for the force. And they were call Bulls. Each carried a lead weighted sap, and they used it. Today, the cops look like midget's, and saps are illegal, so they use guns.

11. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Check out the three blacks beating the white kid in florida. raised any hell about that. Word was the white kid was offered weed from these enterprising young boy. They were just trying to run a small business and the white kid turned them in to the school for those blacks trying to make a buck. I'll bet the school facalty was mostly black also. Shame on them dumbass. Oh well back to the trees. Bill