1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

94 ford 150 no accelerating power

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by illusion, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illusion

illusion TS Member

driving along and want to pass bogs down and have no power? fuel injected acts like its starving for fuel? Thanks ahead of time, for any info to solve this problem. Trucks old but still solid. Thanks again.

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Dirty fuel filter maybe?

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Besides a dirty fuel filter, check for restricted air flow (clogged air filter) you also have to check fuel pressure at the fuel rail, could be a fuel pump on it's way out.

4. oz

oz Active Member

catylitic convertor? disconnect and run the truck to test.

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Oz got it.

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

To check for a blocked cat/conv you need to do a vacuum test.

Hook a vacuum gauge directly to an intake manifold port, drive at about 35 ~ 45 MPH (best on a FLAT road, and you need to drive very consitently) and watch the vacuum level. It should remain very constant, if it drops as you drive you are building back pressure through the cat/conv -ergo, it is blocked.

Sounds like fuel starved (more likely) or air starved (less likely) - check filters...

7. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

If its got dual tanks does it do the same thing on both? If only on the one tank its the pump in that tank.

Steve

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Are you getting any check engine light indictations? Is tranny upshifting downshifting normally??

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Check the flow out of your exhaust. I had a cat that got blocked up in time. I replaced it and it to went bad. I took the cat off and gutted it. Got all of it out. You only need it in two areas. Ca and Wash D.C. Those are the only two areas that I know of that test your cat to see if its working.

10. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Now that you've checked and replaced everything with poor results, suck it up and take it in for a diagnostics check. Sometimes as someone once said, "penny wise and pound foolish." I believe it was Ben Frankenstein or something like that.

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.