1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90T updates

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bjk1972, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

I have a 90T that I've shot since '97. I'm considering sending it in to Kolar for a good going over. I was wondering if anyone has had the two updates done to their gun? If so was it worth while. I've had no issues with the gun whatsoever. Would I be smart to have the updates done while it was there, or take the don't fix what's not broken approach. It's a very low serial number.

2. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Send it to the Gun Dr. he is the best on the 90T....

3. trapman69

trapman69 Member

I 2nd Doug.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

While both places will give you nothing but great service, my money would be spent with Doug. He helps out on here from time to time and has proved to be an invaluable asset to this site.

Doug Braker

Doug's Gunsmith Shop

3929 8th St SW

Backus, MN 56435

218-947-3600

http://dougsgunsmithshop.com/

ss

5. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Absolutely go to Doug.He knows them inside out and won't do anything it doesn't need.

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I had both updates done by Kolar, quick turn a round, great price, very happy.
    I really don't think you could go wrong with either.

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

bjk1972:

While I agree with everything that's been suggested so far, only jbmi
    addressed the question you actually asked. Here's my opinion...

You may or may not benefit from reworking the locking block. It depends on the amount of wear and the angle of your original block.

IMO the forearm update is definately worthwhile. You may never have a problem with the original forend but if you do, it's a real aggravation. Get the update and you'll never have an issue.

FWIW, I bought a new low rib in late '97 and have shot it ever since. Along the way, I had both updates done. I also had it rebuilt by Mr. Braker a couple of years ago. He does terrific work. He's prompt and very reasonable.

You can find contact info and descriptions of his services including prices at dougsgunsmithshop.com.

sissy

8. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

If you have blue wear have Doug nickle the receiver and teflon coat the barrel. It will look better than new. Doug is the best. Bob

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I've had Doug Braker install the metal "shoe" put into both my 90Ts as a preventative measure to avoid future wear on forearm iron itself. I had my HPAR locking bolt re-done from wear, not because of the angle or unintended opening.

I've had Doug do tuneups (springs and oiling) on both guns and fully re-finished my HPAR in his black teflon finish. He's replaced and installed a KickEez pad on my Keith Heeg installed butt plate and swapped out worn-out adjustable comb hardware. I had him switch my low rib from a release to a pull. He inset a broken mid-bead.

I would easily and confidently refer Doug Braker to anyone who owns or is considering the purchase of a Remington 90T.

Respectfully offered,

Jay Spitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

90t update

90t updates