1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90T - Stolen - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Crow Valley, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crow Valley

Crow Valley TS Member

90T Stolen Today at Cheyenne Municipal Gun Club - reappears. Thanks to the CSU Trap Club President & Vice President for confronting members of their Club & checking vehicles before anyone left the shoot. The gun was found & suspect Club Member booted off team..

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thats a good deal. What a POS that person is regardless of intention.

These don't usually have a happy endings.

Matt

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Please tell us it was an ill conceived prank instead of an actual theft.

4. Crow Valley

Crow Valley TS Member

Suspect was a new shooter to the Club. Very little was known about him and gun was found in different case. Wyoming sticker removed from stock and gun found in vehicle driven by 3 shooters to the shoot. Tomorrow's shooting has been canceled due to episode...

5. grntitan

That should mark the end of the suspects shooting if found guilty. If i'm not mistaken, that theft crossed into Felony waters. That will surely and should end his/her gun rights. IMHO

Matt

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

This is a case where I believe the name(s) should be published, especially since this happened once before at this club. The rest of the community should be aware in case this person or persons show up at another club. JMO.

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Good thinking on the managements part...if they had not acted quickly the gun would have been long gone

8. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

"Booted off the team"!? Wow, if I rob a bank, will they not permit me to return! I believe I will take that risk! You guys are tough! Tom Rhoads

9. Crow Valley

Crow Valley TS Member

My understanding the confronted kids all denied knowing how the gun got in their vehicle. No one confessed to the taking of it & played dumb how it ended up in vehicle. The police upon interviewing the 3 suspects felt they knew which one was the guilty party but could not prove it. The CSU Team Officers must have had their opinion and took their action.

10. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Waterboarding would have got to the bottom of this little misdemeanor! Tom Rhoads

11. grntitan

I would personally press charges against ALL in the vehicle and seek to find the truth. I promise you if only one was involved in the actual theft the other 2 will sing like a song bird when facing Felony Theft charges. Seperate them and start prying.

I mean how in thee hell does a heavy ass 90T get up and walk into the wrong vehicle and jump into a case. If the local police don't have the balls then go to your State police. I would push to have somebodies ass in the wringer if it were mine. Gun theft is a very serious offense. This ain't a slap your wrist and go on home situtaion. That is felony theft. The 3 in the vehicle should have been arrested on the spot and the vehicle confiscated for evidence. Somebody would start talking.

I'm pretty sure you enter Felony status when the theft value is over $300.

Matt

12. high 2

high 2 Member

I`m with you Matt!!!!!!!!!!

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I'd be lookin' to see if any of them had Kiner's daughter's gun...

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I work in special projects for the local PD.

Hummm... if a car is stopped and contraband is found in the car, the driver of the vehicle and/or its owner is in deep shi#.

This constitutes a felony theft, since the gun has a fairly good value, AND it was altered, and in the possession of several.

I'd file charges with the local authorities, and have them sort out the details. Kids today, some, simply get by, by denying everything. A sentenced criminal normally denies everything - prisons are full of them.

I think the PD needs to finger print the gun (if not already), and the individuals involved. Our department had two of the best fingerprint experts int the region. They even taught some national courses. One is now in Afghanistan "reading finger prints" off the IED's they can find. They have caught many. And, our PD does not publicize it, but having worked with them in the City/County Evidence Lab for a couple of years, I can honestly say MANY, MANY crimes were simply solved this way.

I also think the BATFE should be notified and let them become involved. They don't take a back seat to anyone.

I hope folks just don't stop, without teaching these kids a lesson. If not taught, they will continue.

IMHO.

Whiz

15. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Ditto what Matt said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

16. Crow Valley

Crow Valley TS Member

Yes this is Colorado State University in Ft. Collins. From what I have heard the CSU Officers handled the situation very well & because of them my son's gun was found & returned. It's a shame that probably one bad apple has given a black eye to the CSU Shooting club. I will look into this further & see if law enforcement felt anything further could or should be done.

17. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

What are the chances that another person put the gun in their car in an attempt to get them in trouble?

18. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

The only loophole I see is an Illeagle search. On school property or private property their should have or maybe was a search warrant issued before search.
    Was car detained first and waited for warrant. Otherwise they can say they don't know how the gun got in their. Could have been planted by some memeber without police and warrant first to search as witness to the search.
    Hope this is not the case.

19. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Charge all 3 with theft and aiding and abetting theft. Give the 2 that didn't steal it some incentive to testify against the perp as aiding and abetting stats are broad and they could well have some culpability.

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

This would be felony theft, the 3 should of been taken into custody, separated, and interogated ... One of them is guilty, or maybe all three but the Police have a job to do and apparently dropped the ball on this one ... If it was my gun I would be screaming bloody murder until they did something or these thiefs will just figure they got caught, got a slap on the hand and they will be more careful next time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.