1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90T stock question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by halfmile, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A friend looked at a couple of 90T's frome the same seller. One of them was cast completely left handed, the other was neutral.

Another guy I know has one that is nicely right handed. Mine is also but a little less.

So the bottom line is that they vary.

HM

2. geterdone

geterdone Member

90-T stocks also were available with 4 different drops to the comb. They are stamped #1-4 on one of the two ends. Doug Braker, gunsmith in MN, can explain the differences as he worked at Kolar when these were built for Remington. He is a great guy and a master on 90Ts.

3. geterdone

geterdone Member

Remtrap, could you tell me who had 90-T stocks available? I would like to see what they have available. Thanks! John

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tuttle creek Shooting Park, Manhattan Kansas. They have a web site.

5. TomB

TomB Member

Tom.....You can shift the stock any way you want by getting a piece of thin aluminum and kinda shape it "half-moon", then shim the face of the stock(tenon) on the opposite side of the way you want to move it. It worked for me!! TomB

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Most of the 90-T's had "0" cast when new. About 1/2 of the guns we sold at Kolar did have some type of cast added to the buttstock. Left or right.

Changing the cast can be accomplished by altering the tennon portion of the buttstock. That's the part that fits into the receiver. There's no need to get the belt sander out and work on the comb.

Doug Braker

7. bluemagic

bluemagic TS Member

Thanks for the input, I will try to use some sorta shim material to try to get what I need. I would hate to start over with another stock.

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

You wouldn't have to start over after applying cast, just refile the other way and relieve the shoulder.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

However you can only make a slight adjustment to the tennon juncture as it goes into the receiver and the comb may not then be in line with the rib but rather slant across it

regards from Iowa

Gene

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Actually Gene, you can alter the tennon quite a bit. I've been able to bump the heel of the stock over 3/4". This is a true "casting " of the stock.

True, the comb will not be parrallel with the comb...windage wise, and too much could lead to excessive recoil to the face. But that's up to each individual shooter.

I've seen some 90-T's where guys have altered the tennon by allowing the whole buttstock to twist, in order to establish more of a parallel "off-set" of the comb, and then glass-bedded it into this new location. Those that I've mounted this way had the feel of a roll-over. I didn't like it.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.