1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90T Receiver Finish

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gbatch, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

It's a nickel finish and I recently had mine done by Doug Braker. Try the above URL or call him after you check his website.
    Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

you can also have a hard chrome finish put on it by Mahovsky's Metalife. It comes out a satin gray color resembling stainless steel, extremely durable and looks good. You can do a search and find their website and current cost but it is a lot less than nickel.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have Perazzis in satin chrome finish and satin nickle.

I prefer the chrome, as it is harder. The nickle is prettier.

There are some drawbacks in doing chrome I am told. A&A Engraving did my chrome receiver. They do all the guns you see on the inside cover of the NRA Hunter magazine; the commemoratives, etc.

Mark (A&A owner) told me the chrome does put on added surface thickness and really can stress the metal under it.

I have had it for about 10 years and it is perfect.

My nickle job was first done and redone, and redone at CraftGuard in IA. They nearly ruined my new Perazzi receiver with excessive acid pitting (I had posted photos showing this). I spent about $400 on that. Had to send back to Giacomo for an additional $450, but he took the metal down (difficultly) to be almost perfect. I threatened a suit against CraftGuard and they in turn threatened a libel suit for me making claims against them... which were substantiated with photos I posted on this site to show their pathetic work.

If you want nickle done, and the gun is expensive, I would highly recommend our friend Giacomo. There are others, but I am not familiar with them. Not sure Giacomo will do non-Perazzi guns. You'd have to call him and ask.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.