1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90T High Vs Low Rib Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 682Fan, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682Fan

682Fan TS Member

Thinking of buying a 90T high rib. Can anyone tell me of any significant difference between high and low rib models? I know high rib is adjustable, but beyond that?
    Had a low rib years ago, regretted selling it ever since.

Comments welcome

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Both guns are fairly equal with regards to POI. The high rib IS adjustable, so you'll get 50/50 to 70/30 on the POI.

The high rib is 1/2" higher, thus the comb is also 1/2" higher.

Mechanically, they are the same.

The high rib gun is very well suited for the shooter that likes to stand a little "taller" with their shooting posture.

Doug Braker

3. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

Also the high rib helps with heat mirage in the summer.

ol 12

4. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I couldn't find a high rib 90T so I did the next best thing and got an HPI add-on.
    Works great and it does make it easier to stand tall. It's not adjustable but then I didn't what the gun to shoot any different POI, just wanted to lift my cheek up a little.

5. build4u

build4u Member

I would agree with Doug and spoke to him before purchasing a High Rib 90-T from a gentleman off this site last week.I needed my head more erect. Doug was very helpful,Thanks again Doug I will have it to you for Nickle plating soon. Coming from Sporting clays and only having shot a limited amount of trap, guys at the club have been telling me I was shooting to late. I was hitting them shooting late and I kept telling them I can not shoot until I see what I need to see. I was shooting the same scores with an unmounted gun. My friend bought a low rib 90-T and we were shooting that and I was shooting them a little faster and making dust. I was loaned a high rib 90-T and it was like the light came on. I am shooting the target way faster because with my head buried behind the receiver on my sporting guns (K-80 and 391) I was having trouble seeing the target soon enough. With my head more erect I can see the target way faster and it makes it seem way easier to focus on the target and still be aware of the muzzle with the gun shooting higher. I also tend to get tender on my cheek which is way less with my head upright. I am 180 lbs 6ft with I would say an average neck length. I hope this was helpful, sorry for the long post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is differance between high and low rib clipper combs