1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90T High Rib Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 682Fan, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682Fan

682Fan TS Member

Anyone know the weight of a high rib 90T? Thinking about one. I understand there were two versions of barrel weight available.

thanks
    Arnie

2. SR1

SR1 TS Member

The whole gun or just the barrel?????????????

3. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Mine weights in at 10 1/4 lb

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

They are so rare, I would buy what ever comes along.

5. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

was at indy club last week and steve had three hpar 90t's. 2 were factory and one w/moneymaker. one release and 2 pull triggers all three were very nice

6. YUKONJACK

YUKONJACK TS Member

It doesn't make a whole lot of differance about what the gun weighs,as it is so well balanced that all the weight goes away when you mount it.Also the heaveir it is the less felt recoil.Yukon Jack

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

My HPAR was in the 10 1/2 lb area. It was very well balanced and was great for registered targets. It wasn't the best tool for games though.

ec90t

9. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

The low rib guns came in a regular barrel and a heavy barrel. I've never heard of a heavy barrel HPAR. You should measure the bore and constriction of any 90T you are considering to ensure that it has not been messed with. One of the Indiana Gun Club HPARs on the website looks like it has a low rib stock on it.

10. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

k-80 i think you are right about that stock. i mounted that gun and all i could see was the back of the ramp. but the rest of the gun was in great shape

11. 682Fan

682Fan TS Member

K80 and/0r Eating clays:
    Do you rememer which Hpar had the wrong stock? I will look again-hopefully Indiana GC will tell me which. Hpar will not work with low rib stock.

Thanks to all for Input

Arnie

12. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Two of the HPAR's at Indiana have low-rib stocks. They would need an adjustable comb to sight up correctly.

The moneymaker ribbed gun, at Indiana, was originaly a low rib gun.

The nominal bore size of an HPAR is .736.

ec90t

13. at_trap_89

at_trap_89 TS Member

Can someone describe the difference between the "regular" barrel and "heavy" barrel?

I was unaware there was also a reg/heavy difference.

14. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Arnie, on the Indiana Gun Club website, it looks like HPAR Item # 14884 has a low rib stock. You can see that the hump in the stock at the front of the comb is lower than an HPAR stock. The Heavy Barrels have thicker walls than the regular barrels and they live up to their name; they are noticably heavier. Doug Braker, the 90T expert can give you the technical scoop. He was at Kolar working on the 90T when it was in production. Just Google his name for his website. He is THE MAN for 90T repairs and rebuilding. He rebuilt my HPAR, nickled the receiver and teflon blued the barrel. It came out better than the one Kolar did for me. By the way, another idiosyncracy on some 90T's is that the C/E clips sometimes break in the trigger assembly, which then jams the trigger. I had this happen twice while shooting. Kolar was looking into stainless steel clips. Some guys here on TS.com recommended using tiny O-rings on the ends of the cross pins. I was admittedly skeptical about this "fixit" but the darn O-rings worked, and I have had not problems in the last year since I switched over. Bob

15. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

full choke the hpar's at indiana are all in nice shape the item 14128 is a original high rib w/matching stock. very nice gun but has a release trigger in it. good luck in your searching. also a couple at shotguncache.com or mynewshotgun.com but no pics.

16. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Don't let the release trigger stop you from acquiring a nice gun. I bought a very clean "T" recently with a release trigger through TS.com; sent it up to the GunDr (Braker) for a hammer swap and tuneup - had it back within a week... All before I took my first shots with it.

You'll want any gun you purchase gone through anyway...

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.