1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90T high rib pricing?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DinoB, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DinoB

DinoB Member

Anyone know what a fair price for a high rib 90T is these days? I've found 3 that vary in pricing from $1800 to $2800. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Send me the info. on the $1800. one and I will let you know. LOL Condition! Condition!

3. DinoB

DinoB Member

MDJ...Have only pictures of 3 high ribs. They all look very clesn. The $2800.00 one has choke tubes (Briley) the others do not. I had one of these previously and would like to get another.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

doubt you will find a good one for 1800. Mine has Briley Thinwalls also, great chokes

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

One just went for $1500 on gun broker and it looked really nice. So don't believe everything you here on here.

6. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

I have one for sale with a new case I would let go for $2400. Just rebulit and blued bu Kolar. Thanks Corey P.S. I have seen the high rib go for $2100-$2800.

7. cubancigar2000

Goose2, the one on Gunbroker was a low rib and did not sell, the seller took it off because he has so many questions and he figured out it was to cheap. I talked to him today and he is relisting it

8. cotrshooter

cotrshooter Member

Doubt you could find a good one for 1800? There are no bad ones.

9. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

The HPAR that ultramag338 has for sale sounds like a VERY Good Price to me.Reblued & Rebuilt ---IT WILL LAST FOR YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! JMO. Joe joe90t

10. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I have an HPAR, which I have as a spare gun to back up my Kolar. It has Briley choke tubes installed by Kerry Allor, an adjustable butt plate and a Kolar release trigger. I wouldn't sell it for $3,000. Most of the HPARs range in price as mentioned above. Bill Malcolm
    [​IMG]

11. cubancigar2000

Nice gun Bill

12. cubancigar2000

Once you have owned one of these you quickly change your mind on the value. If you never have then you dont have a clue

13. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

You don't see as many HPAR's, as the low ribs for sale. The HPAR's seem to sell a little easier because of the high rib craze. That being said, I think the HPAR is a very nice gun and usually sells on here around $2300 to $2700, depending on with a case, and not to chopped up, with no ports, etc. I prefer the untouched barrel of a fixed full choke myself. I believe it was the best fixed choke barrel ever produced. You could not improve the pattern in my opinion, so why mess with a good thing. Plus, it is less expensive, and makes more sense to fix your shooting instead. LOL

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

There are 2 High rib models, the high shooter has a stepped high rib, I know I had one

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

15. DinoB

DinoB Member

Utramag...could you send me pics please?Where are you located?

16. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I've bought two "Ts" from posters on this site, and both transactions went well because of great communication...

Ask for representative pictures for a gun you can't see yourself... closed receiver/release lever engaged, forend iron, bluing, receiver face, wood, pad condition, etc...

If a gun needs a forend iron update, springs, locking bolt or new butt pad; well... figure that into the overall price you're prepared to invest into a 90T, or any gun for that matter...

With updates the used HPAR ran me @$2600 + shpg to/from Doug Braker... $3500 brand new in the mid 90s... only 500+/- guns available...

Jay

17. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I have an HPAR which I just love. Custom Wenig Stocks, Case colored side plates (Doug Turnbull), two trigger groups, one pull and the other release. Unmolested. This gun will NEVER be for sale by me. There are many 90T HPAR owners who have the same feeling I suspect.

Be aware that to have a 90T updated by Doug Breaker (forearm lock mechanism, locking block work, new spring kit and recoating of receiver, trigger group and barrel), well that is over a $600 investment and a layup of about 8 weeks or so.

Most HPARs I have seen are well used, and rightly so as these are good shooting guns. Unless the HPAR was recently worked on by Doug or Kolar, then the "tune up" fee needs to be included in the overall cost. That said, a tuned up HPAR is easily a $3,000+ gun.... less if someone has mucked the barrel up with choke tubes (my opinion).

The low rib 90T, which is way more common, (I have one of these also, and it is at Breaker's right now), is perhaps a $1,700-$2,000 gun if right. Mine is having the complete upgrade, recoating, spring kit, locking block and forearm work done. This is also a fine, fine shooting gun. The long tight full choke barrel is really deadly if you are "on".... not so forgiving if you are "off". I am sure most experienced 90T owners would agree on that aspect of the gun.

The 90T with the full choke and 34" barrel (I have not seen a 32" barrel on one), is a great back line game gun for Wipe Your Eye, Annie Oakley and Doc Adams....
    Art

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.