1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90T-Doug Braker's the man !! See Pix

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gbatch, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Kudos to Doug Braker. If your 90T needs anything, he's the man.

Last fall I bought a 90T from a fellow at our club. I had one before and sold it and always regretted it, so when this one became available I bought it. Anyway, the gun shot very well and was in what I would call good condition - a little bluing wear to the rear of the trigger guard, some more on the bottom etc. The barrel was in great shape and so was the wood, with what I believe is a Timney butt plate.

I called and talked to Doug Braker about options for rebluing or refinishing the receiver and decided to have it nickeled. Hopefully the photo of the finished product will show up here. To see more before and after photos, use the website URL above and go to my Photobucket album. There are too many to post here.

Doug not only refinished the receiver and forend, he anodized the trigger and gave the gun a complete mechanical checkup. I got it back a few weeks ago and haven't shot it yet, but it looks so good I had to share it with y'all. Thanks Doug.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Great job!, how much did you pay, if I may ask?

Berettaman7

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

gbatch:

Nice looking gun and a good job done by Doug also.

foghorn

4. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Berettaman7:
    I'd really rather let Doug chime in, if he wishes to, with price estimates, to allow you to call him and discuss it, as I did. There are some variables in terms of amount of preparation and parts that get treated etc. I won't presume that the price to do this is standardized. I elected to have the safety nickeled - some folks leave it blued. Same with the top latch. etc. The trigger was an add-on as well.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

5. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

John:
    The trigger you see is the one that came on the gun when I bought it. If Doug is working on yours, you can ask him.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

John, Trigger on my 90T doesn't look anything like Gene's either, not as long and doesn't have near the hook to it as Gene's. Definitely like Gene's better.

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

The trigger that's on Gene's gun, is an aftermarket adjustable trigger, we used to install at Kolar Arms. The gold on the trigger is Titanium Nitriding.

I've got a few pieces left (trigger body & trigger). A few machine cuts have to be made on the trigger housing to accept the larger trigger body.

I'll need to check the price of the parts when I go to the shop in the morning.

As for the nickel plating....I charge $350 (same price for 10 yrs). The plater has been giving me a pretty good bump UP on the charges. Materials I guess. I plan to hold this price at least through this year.

A "gold" trigger, is $65. I give a life-time warranty, never to peel or wear the gold off.

Doug Braker

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

WOW... What a beauty Gene. I like the trigger you have. I bet Doug could sell a bunch of those. Jeff

9. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Sounds reasonable to me.

Thanks Doug.

Berettaman7

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

A blued adjustable trigger will run $275 installed...$340 for a gold one.

Doug Braker

11. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Ha - I've got a custom trigger and didn't even know it. If anyone asks me, the price on this baby just went up. <:) Not that it's for sale. Right now, anyway.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

PS Doug, feel free to download any of those pix I took and use them if you wish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

doug braker