1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by IdahoRanchLady, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IdahoRanchLady

IdahoRanchLady TS Member

Am wondering what the effective amount of rounds is for productive practice, ball park, for neophyte shooters?

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Everyone is alittle different . The best practice is gun lifts year around . As for shooting 100 targets a week will keep you sharp .

3. 257 ackley

257 ackley Member

My gun club is open Thursday night, Saturday and Sunday....

I have found that shooting 100-150 round Thur night, 250 Saturday and 100-150 Sunday work works for me.....

I like shooting Thur night under the light, so many guy can't shoot after dark...That because they don't ever practice it....Saturday shooting 250 gets you conditioned for a normal regestered shot....shooting on Sunday gets you ready to shooting when your alittle stiff....

Or just shoot when ever you get a chance...Trigger Time Never Hurts

Good Luck

Shawn

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

The number of practice targets is not the key. It is the intensity you apply to each target that is important. Twenty five practice targets shot with maximum focus on each target is much better than 100 practice targets shot just to be shooting and having fun with your friends.

You indicated that you are a newer shooter. You probably need more practice than an experienced shooter who shoots at least 300 registered targets each week. I would suggest that you practice as much as you can and still have fun practicing. I have shot a fair amount and I only practice to overcome one specific problem I have identified. I work on only one problem at a time. I don't have the mental capacity to do more than that.

Pat Ireland

5. guerini

guerini TS Member

Pat your exactly right, I used to shoot 500 to 1000 practice rds. before a big shoot, it took me 3 years to realize that shooting just 100 practice and really focusing on the target, helped more than just shooting 500-1000 rds.

Good shoting to all.....

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Perfect practice is the key. Do not practice missing targets, practice hitting targets. HMB

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Shoot as many targets as you can afford and when you want to . The average round at our club is usually 100 . Some more some less but 100 is close .

8. bt 99

bt 99 TS Member

The way i practiced was to shoot in the worst weather, under the most extreme target conditions i could find. When the fair weather shooters head for the club house keep shooting, under the lights, in the wind-rain-sleet. Then at a regular shoot you will kick some serious butt because nothen will bother you. Works. Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.