1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

9000H problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by buck3200, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buck3200

buck3200 Well-Known Member

First time I haven't been able to solve a mec problem. Loader was working,but primer feed wasn't dropping PERFECT. Worked on that,and replaced leaky slow down valve while at it. Now suddenly,upstoke stops about 1/2" short from top. Can be pushed up by hand another 1/4",and can be forced the rest with rubber mallet. I'm kinda stuck on the column some how getting WOWED causing binding for lack of any thing else I can think to check right away. But what I could have done to acheive that with what I did I just can't figure. (Probably couldn't do that if I was trying)Any help that can be provided will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance! M.Buchanan

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I wonder if this is a virus. Mine started doing it too! The little funnel-shaped things are where they belong, not too high; the collet isn't sticking either. It has me stumped.

Neil

3. Erik W

Erik W Member

I have had MEC 9000h in 12, 20 & 28ga for years. But for an early pump seal problem, the 12 & 28 have run very well. The 20 began to stuggle on upstroke a few months ago. Sometimes enough to just upset primer drop, sometimes to point I had to help it up. Suggestions from MEC via Email were to make sure all linkage nuts turn freely, lube main shaft & collet and make sure collet is not adjusted too tight. Sloshing on the lube helped a bit, but ende up sending it in to MEC with long letter describing problem, shells I reload and "blank check" to make it new again. I got press back a couple weeks ago; $150 for parts and labor. First time I have ever been disappointed by MEC service. Problem has been slightly reduced, but is not fixed.

4. k80kid

k80kid Member

My 9000H did the same thing... 1/2 inch from the top. It turned out that I had to re-grease the main shaft. Even though it looked greasy enough, I wiped away the old grease and brushed on some new stuff. It's a pain with the main spring in the way, but it completely solved the problem.

5. buck3200

buck3200 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever had or heard of the column becoming "less than perfectly straight" without being T-boned by a bus? I'm an Industrial electrician and am known for having a good eye for such things(I do LOTS of troubleshooting),and if I knew less About this thing I'd bet a 5th of JD's it's binding on a "curve". Think I'll try the AAA regrease job just so I eliminate that though.If it was just a bit easier to disassemble,I'd have it apart with a straightedge at hand already,just ta' see if the eyeballs aren't as trustworthy as in the past. M Buchanan

6. trappair

trappair Member

I had the same problem last year. I was at the Grand and stoped in at Mec.
    Told one of the techs about problem. He told me he thought the valve on the foot pedal needed to be replaced. He got one for me, when I got home I replaced it. It solved the problem. I think the part was $35.

7. Erik W

Erik W Member

I had ruled out the pump because my other 9000h presses work fine. That said, a friend suggested I check oil level in pump. Probably not a problem if you are running only one press, but you do loose a few drops of oil every time you switch presses.

8. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

You ain't gonna believe this but on the right hand side of the loader as you are facing it loosen the 2 nuts on the bracket, pull the bracket forward with your left hand and tighten with your right hand. I have had this exact same thing happen to me and when I called Mec this is what they told me. You will not think you even moved the bracket but in both cases for me the problem was solved. So before you go buying, replacing and re adjusting things try this. A lot simpler fix.

9. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Call Mec

10. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I bought a heavier spring for mine from a vendor at the Southern Grand a couple years ago and that fixed mine. It is a lot stronger than the original.

Terry.

11. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

a PW 800+ with electric drive will probably solve your problems

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

My 900H was doing the same thing I re-greased the main shaft with white lithium grease, and applied never seize on the collett re-sizer.

Problem solved.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.