1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

9000H adjustment problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tobyshaw, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobyshaw

tobyshaw TS Member

Need help. Frequently, on station 1, spent primer is not going down the shell lifter fast enough & catches on the shell carrier (I call it the turrett). Then I have to back the shell carrier up so the primer will drop. I have both raised & lowered the shell lifter without success. Any help will be appreciated. Toby Shaw

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Throughly clean out the fingers in your sizing die and the bottom where the tube drops into. Don't oil that tube either. Set the top of the tube level with with the fingers so a de-primed hull can slide easily to the next station. Sometimes a piece of shot can be so flattened, it looks like a powder flake!

Go to the trouble shooting section of MEC's manual for a fix, then tune your loader by following the instructions for a single shell.

Hap

3. tobyshaw

tobyshaw TS Member

Thanks, Hap. Unfortunately, I've done everything you suggested except clean the bottom where the tube drops in. Will do that too. Toby Shaw

4. Hap MecTweaks

Toby, email sent. Hap

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I would think the turret needs to be timed. It sounds like it's moving a little to fast?

Ajax

6. Hap MecTweaks

Ajax, the spent primer should already be in the catch can long before the turret moves or the machine moves to the top of the cycle?? I know mine does.

Hap

7. Borderland

Borderland Member

If the spent primer is not exiting the resized shell in time that could only be a problem with the depth of the primer punch.

Ken

8. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I don't understand why people don't call Mec when they have problems---They will fix it for you over the phone---Much time saved---MYSTIC---

9. tobyshaw

tobyshaw TS Member

Thanks for all the responses. I wanted to ask you guys first Mystic, before I called Mec. Received the advice I was looking for from Hap, so no need to call Mec. Toby Shaw

10. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

I'm with you, ask your friends first..............GOOD LUCK

11. clayman51

clayman51 Member

I just went through this. I called Mec., replaced the upper linkage that was worn. All is well now!In my case I have loaded many thousands of shells, possible adjustment on a newer loader may cure the problem.

Best of luck with yours

Dennis

12. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Toby, and all others that have this problem periodically: Take the primer spring pad (part #88) that the primer drops into out of the machine. Take a drill bit about 5/16 to 3/8" or so and GENTLY start to drill out the top of the hole. Just go far enough to remove the square shoulder of the hole and put a small concave dish in the pad so when the primer comes into place it will have a gentle slope to aid it in falling into the hole. I discovered this trick when I set up my 9000H to reload as fast as it was able. If the loader indexes too fast, the primer will become jammed between the turret and the opening in the primer spring pad. This trick eliminated the problem and the primer slips into the spring pad easily..... Just my experience..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The hook that advances the rotor should only just barely let the rotor clear the catch (under the per crimp).

You would have other problems if that was not right. There is an adjustment for the trip mechanism that you should look into. When the ram gets near the top it trips a lever to activate the rotor.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjusting mec 9000h