1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

9000GN setup question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim In FL, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim In FL

Jim In FL Member

I'm setting up my new 9000GN and have a problem getting a wad into position. I use Claybuster CB 4100 Lightnings. I can't put the fingers in first, over the shot tube - there isn't enough clearance to get the bottom of the wad over the wad guide. I also can't put the bottom into the guide first, because then I'm forcing the wad top fingers over the shot tube, and of course some end up in the tube, forcing a dance to get them all out and around the tube. It's like I need to adjust the wad guide down some to get some clearance, and it's all the way down on the rod against a small flange on the rod (came that way). Obviously I'm missing something. Can't find anything in the book - it assumes you can set the wad right in.

Jim In FL

2. Jim In FL

Jim In FL Member

Problem solved - if you can't lower the guide, raise the ram about 1/32" - that all it needed. Still seats the wad all the way.

Side note - Why didn't I do this a year ago ? After loading on a Jr all this time - this thing is Heaven !

Jim In FL

3. Bama73

Bama73 Member

What it is, is your shot tube is too low. There will be an allen bolt on a flange that you loosen to raise or lower the shot tube. You want to loosen it and raise the tube so you can fit the wad easily, but not too high. With it set this way, load a few and check the wad pressure. Thats the lil black line thing in with numbers on either side on top of the tube (if that makes sense). You want no more than 25lbs of wad pressure and none to it just barely moving is preferable as new plastic one piece wads don't require pressure to seat properly. The black line thing will move up when you pull the handle down as the shot drops to the corresponding pressure reading.

I know this sounds vague, but it's the best way I can explain it. Maybe in the manual it has a section on setting the wad pressure.

4. Bama73

Bama73 Member

Good deal Jim, I see I was 2 finger typing my response as you figured it out. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.